The 1999-2000 Protege Pic thread

yeah, i don't think did too bad, since there were so many things wrong with my car. they actually told me they already had a buyer for my car and that it was going to the Bahamas (notcool) while i was signing the paperwork.

how was that possible???(freak)

They can't sell the car because it was over 5 years old, so they called a couple of people to offer and the one guy that said yes was in the Bahamas so the car was supposedly sold to him.

I'll be checking the carfax on it too see if it was really true :(

here's some new pictures...
IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

Has anyone done an interior swap with their 99 to make it look like a newer model?
Im trying to do that and I got some questions especially about the stereo and steering wheel

NegatiZE is the only one on the forum who did the WHOLE interior. From dash to auto hvac controls, to minor plastic pieces throughout the entire interior. He even did the 1.6 to 2.0 swap. Alot of time, effort, and money.

He did a write up on the interior swap and posted it here. You'll have to become a member to view it. I would recommend you do it so you can always go back there for reference.

Last edited:
I'm did everything except the auto hvac, which was more involved than I was willing to do. I even swapped in MSP seats and steering wheel. Now all I need to be complete is black carpet and floor mats, done.

096.jpg

Last edited:
yeah im on boompa and i saw negatizes stuff which gave me motivation to fullfill my dreams
Can the radio from the newer mazda models fit if you take the radio pocket out? I hate the 99's radio and i dont like my aftermarket one either so im gonna make sure to fix it i just didnt know if the radio from either the p5 or the newer madazda fit
Also can the door panels of a p5 fit in a 99 lx?

yeah im on boompa and i saw negatizes stuff which gave me motivation to fullfill my dreams
Can the radio from the newer mazda models fit if you take the radio pocket out? I hate the 99's radio and i dont like my aftermarket one either so im gonna make sure to fix it i just didnt know if the radio from either the p5 or the newer madazda fit
Also can the door panels of a p5 fit in a 99 lx?

LOL @ boompa. I haven't updated pics in a long time there.

I bought that exact same cd player. I didn't like the stock player and I used to have an aftermarker player but it fried. The player has been sitting in storage for a while now because I haven't had the motivation to go dig it out lol, so my Protege has been sitting for months with no radio. It doesn't bother me much because it doesn't get driven since buying my MS3. I guess I'll have to install it sometime soon because I'll be giving my brother the Protege.

The reason for me buying that player is I assumed it would fit. Whether you have a Protege, MP3, MSP, or P5, they're all generally the same car so the player should fit and work with no problem. The connectors might be different, but it's nothing to switch them out with the correct ones.

Back