test pipes or high flow cat

h8tr729

:
2003 mazda protege5
is there anyone who sells test pipes or high flow cats for the p5? please help me!!! also anyone who can tell me how to remove the symbol from the front grill i could make them a jedi master

h8tr729 said:
is there anyone who sells test pipes or high flow cats for the p5? please help me!!! also anyone who can tell me how to remove the symbol from the front grill i could make them a jedi master

Mental addiction Motorsports sells awesome high flow midpipes. You can get them with or with out CATs.

http://www.**************************.com/cart/

Stock on left MAM highflow midpipe of right

stock%20VS%20MAM.jpg
stock%20VS%20MAM_2.jpg

I have a CAI, a ceramic coated 4-1 header, Mam midpipe and a magnaflow catback exhaust. It sounds nice now.

I had an ebay sri with the header, midpipe, into stock tubing into a mazdaspeed axle back exhaust. That sounded like a honduh.;

rednecks_r_us said:
I have a CAI, a ceramic coated 4-1 header, Mam midpipe and a magnaflow catback exhaust. It sounds nice now.

that midpipe w/ the hf cat? i'd love to hear a good soundfile on this setup...i'm hesitant to go that route since the header/magnaflow already made the car louder than expected...

If you have two O2 sensors, one on either side if the first cat on the stock exhaust manifold then no CEL's.

If you go catless and have 2 o2 sensors with a CEL Iliminator in line with the second O2 then no CEL's

Basically you need an O2 sensor on either side of a cat or a resistor in the second O2 to trick the ECU into thinking there is a working cat.

Anybody else correct me if I'm wrong

Boston5761 said:
Will the MAM midpipe with no cat throw a cell, or is it just basically bolt-on and forget about it.

There is no o2 sensor after the stock 2nd cat which the MAM midpipe will replace. So nothing to really detect if it's not working...

Lord_Zath said:
There is no o2 sensor after the stock 2nd cat which the MAM midpipe will replace. So nothing to really detect if it's not working...

im not going to get the the one with the cat in it just the midpipe no cat.

Right and I'm saying either way it won't matter because there is no stock o2 sensor after the 2nd cat (replaced by midpipe)

Back