test pipe problems

speed6r

:
2006 Black Cherry MS6
I have noticed my exhaust kicking out some black smoke since the test pipe install. Only when i idol for a few minutes. any pointers?

You removed 1 cat which is responsable for stopping pollutants from excaping thru the exhaust..... Not anything you can do other then to reinstall the cat...

I have noticed my exhaust kicking out some black smoke since the test pipe install. Only when i idol for a few minutes. any pointers?

When do you notice it? Most of the time it will happen in lower rpm's when you step on it due to running rich. That is also when you can blow a rod out the bottom due to tqr. 3500 or above is the only time you should get into the pedal to be safe.

Mine did the same with the TP installed. Just keep your exhaust tips cleaned or get something that can tune to pull some fuel and you'll be just fine.

you might also have a leaking turbo. the second cat you replaced with the test pipe prevents a lot of the smoke from showing up.

Back