Test drove a Solstice GXP

Nutari

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Was not impressed at all.

I love the styling. The top is a pain in the ass to put up and down.

They only had the Automatic available. I swear.. this thing does NOT feel like it goes 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.. its supposed to have the same HP as the speed 3. I just didn't feel it at all.

I must say though.. I love the styling much more than my speed. Maybe when they get a 6 speed, I'll test drive that one.

[notes] lots of room in the engine bay. NO room in the trunk with the top down. FMIC standard.
($32,000 pricetag btw) Hawaii markup sucks.

2006%20Pontiac%20Solstice-fVl%20at%20show=mx=.jpg

0608_x+2007_pontiac_solstice_gxp+engine.jpg

pontiac-solstice.gif

hahnsolsticedynogo4.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Opel/Saturn versions look 100* better!

Opel-GT-media.jpg

2-2007-saturn-sky-redline.jpg

I have a friend that owns a fly yellow Sky. much more impressive of a car in person!

Last edited:
if you think the solstice GXP is slow...try the non turbo one...im a mechanic at a buick pontiac gmc dealer. and i have driven both...slowww asss cars..my moms camry can beat the crap out of the non turbo one. but the GTO oh that thing kicks ass...sorrie but i have no taste for Solstice...i rather pick up a GTO.(wrc)

if you think the solstice GXP is slow...try the non turbo one...im a mechanic at a buick pontiac gmc dealer. and i have driven both...slowww asss cars..my moms camry can beat the crap out of the non turbo one. but the GTO oh that thing kicks ass...sorrie but i have no taste for Solstice...i rather pick up a GTO.(wrc)

eh.. the GTO is just too big for me. Never did like driving sedans.

I think the Opel/Saturn versions look 100* better!

Opel-GT-media.jpg

2-2007-saturn-sky-redline.jpg

I have a friend that owns a fly yellow Sky. much more impressive of a car in person!

agreed.

have 2 coworkers, one with each version (GTP and Sky Turbo) and the Sky is a much nicer looking car IMHO

Back