Test drove a '19 GT-R and Signature today

Say what? Couple hundred?

Rebuild a turbo. It*s not hard. Take it apart, reassemble, slide it back on the piping, bolt it down, done...

Btw, I hope it didn*t come across as a low blow, it was meant as a compliment as I love seeing folks like yourself get around to turning wrenches as much as they can, because honestly most mechanic work isn*t hard, it*s just putting in the time and getting your hands dirty while having the proper tools. Most mechanics are highly overpriced crooks, and go hand and hand with stealerships...

Quick question (instead of a new thread). Looking to install an aftermarket hitch for my future cx5. For the 2018 & 2019 years (any trims including turbo), the structural frame is the same right? There shouldn't be any obstacles difference is what I am asking (uhm)

Rebuild a turbo. It*s not hard. Take it apart, reassemble, slide it back on the piping, bolt it down, done...

Btw, I hope it didn*t come across as a low blow, it was meant as a compliment as I love seeing folks like yourself get around to turning wrenches as much as they can, because honestly most mechanic work isn*t hard, it*s just putting in the time and getting your hands dirty while having the proper tools. Most mechanics are highly overpriced crooks, and go hand and hand with stealerships...

Oh I gotcha. I thought you were saying I could put in a turbo for $200 which piqued my interest...

Guess I should read further back lol.

most mechanic work isn*t hard, it*s just putting in the time and getting your hands dirty while having the proper tools.

It's easy when you know how. You can really **** things up if you don't. Some people are good at just figuring out mechanical stuff. Some aren't.

The difficulty of the work isn't the problem. Having the knowledge and the right tools is the key. And sometimes a bit of good luck.

But I agree, it's great to see someone like CD getting into maintaining his vehicle.

It's easy when you know how. You can really **** things up if you don't. Some people are good at just figuring out mechanical stuff. Some aren't.

The difficulty of the work isn't the problem. Having the knowledge and the right tools is the key. And sometimes a bit of good luck.

But I agree, it's great to see someone like CD getting into maintaining his vehicle.

*While having the proper tools* -me

Oh I gotcha. I thought you were saying I could put in a turbo for $200 which piqued my interest...

Guess I should read further back lol.

Ha, I wish. If turboing ours was even somewhat easily feasible, I would before I bought a new one in a heartbeat...

Say what? Did you just make that up?

No, why would you think a 2.0 model would be driven the same way as a 2.5T model? If you buy the 2.5T, you would probably also appreciate stopping and turning performance be enhanced, too, maybe...

Frustrating that Mazda isn't "getting that". Even Ford will revise their vehicle's suspension based on the drivetrain. Explorer Sport. So does even Chrysler. SRT Jeep. So does nearly everyone else who makes a "performance" SUV out of a base model SUV. But not ol' Zoom Zoom. Nope. Top of the line model handles worse than the base one (because added weight), probably.

Key word, labor, and you got ripped off, too...

You can buy that turbo new for $400, new hardware and all for under $500. $1500 Labor, bangs head...

Ha, well pretty sure OEM parts are not $400. And Im pretty sure its a several-hour job no matter who does it, so the bill rises fast.

Not arguing you cant DIY with third party parts, but thats not a practical option worth quoting for the general forum member.

No, why would you think a 2.0 model would be driven the same way as a 2.5T model? If you buy the 2.5T, you would probably also appreciate stopping and turning performance be enhanced, too, maybe...

I believe the front brakes are slightly larger.

Ha, well pretty sure OEM parts are not $400. And I*m pretty sure it*s a several-hour job no matter who does it, so the bill rises fast.

Not arguing you can*t DIY with third party parts, but that*s not a practical option worth quoting for the general forum member.

Whatever man...

Frustrating that Mazda isn't "getting that". Even Ford will revise their vehicle's suspension based on the drivetrain. Explorer Sport. So does even Chrysler. SRT Jeep. So does nearly everyone else who makes a "performance" SUV out of a base model SUV. But not ol' Zoom Zoom. Nope. Top of the line model handles worse than the base one (because added weight), probably.

You*re basically talking to a brick wall, dude, unfortunately...

Any 0-60 times?
1/4 miles times?

Non-turbo shows 7.7 seconds for 0-60 and 16.2 @ 87mph for 1/4 mile.

I would figure the turbo version should see 6 second range and 1/4 mile times low 15's or even high 14's.

He*s saying he hoped they did, he already knows they didn*t. *Really hope they improved...*

Idk why some of us even try on this site anymore...

Sarcasm? From unob? Who woulda thunk? But that's not what he wrote. He typed "the" instead of "they", rendering the sentence meaningless. Communication is hard enough without sloppy talking/typing.
I don't know why you bother, either, Nelson. Why do you?

What makes you think anyone would think that? OF COURSE they should upgrade the suspension and brakes. But they didn't. Get over it. It's NOT a "performance SUV".

Mazda has different priorities than you. They're trying to figure out how to sell the most cars, period.

What makes you think anyone would think that? OF COURSE they should upgrade the suspension and brakes. But they didn't. Get over it. It's NOT a "performance SUV".

Mazda has different priorities than you. They're trying to figure out how to sell the most cars, period.

Yup.

Such a change. I remember when the battlecry was "Mazda is a small niche company and doesnt chase sales volume!"

That said, it kindof is Mazdas take on a performance SUV. They took a vehicle they had sold for 5+ years and then doubled the torque and added 60+hp for a select trim level...

If this isnt a "performance" suv, what is it? Adequate/normal? If so, is the rest of the cx5 line just dogs***? I mean, its gotta be one or the other.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back