Tell me when you see it...

Are you referring to this: An error has occurred:
We′re sorry, but the system experienced an error in processing your request. Possible causes for this include:
Your session has timed out for security reasons
You have bookmarked a dynamically generated page
You may have cookies disabled. Some portions of MazdaUSA.com require the use of cookies. Please enable cookies and try again.
If you continue to experience an error, the system may be experiencing difficulties. Please try again later.

Doesnt show anything specific. Just a cx9 header and options. What were you trying to show?

Well, crap....the link failed.

Anyway....not sure if it has been discussed already, but the CX-5 Sport automatic has ditched the 2.0L in favor of the 2.5L. Only the 6-speed manual gets the 2.0L now.

If you go to build a CX-5 on Mazda's site and select the Sport trim with an automatic, the engine changes to the 184hp 2.5L.

Assholes.
I can't even drive the CX-5 anymore. I get caught with my pants around my ankles too many times, with the scant horsepower. If my wife and I are going someplace together, I insist we take the SHO.

It doesn't have enough torque to pull panties down. Downright sketchy driving in NYC when it is loaded with a few passengers.

Assholes.
I can't even drive the CX-5 anymore. I get caught with my pants around my ankles too many times, with the scant horsepower. If my wife and I are going someplace together, I insist we take the SHO.

I gave up driving muscle cars when I realized I was staying home due to cost of gas. Wasn't going to let a car rule my life. In the first 18 months of driving a four cylinder I saved $4000 in gas! Its been money in the bank ever since. A hotrod on the weekend would be fun, but as a daily driver its crazy expensive. Cut back on caffeine and you won't get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
Interesting. I predict the 2.0L/manual combo to get dropped next.

Interesting. I predict the 2.0L/manual combo to get dropped next.

I passed on the 2013 CX-5 after test driving the 2.0L. Way too slow. The 2.5L is much much better, with small MPG penalty. The 2.5L has torque peak at 3250rpm while smaller engine is 4000rpm. That alone makes a huge difference in daily driving. The 2.0L probably will get dropped unless a gas shortage pushes prices over $5/gal again.

I passed on the 2013 CX-5 after test driving the 2.0L. Way too slow. The 2.5L is much much better, with small MPG penalty. The 2.5L has torque peak at 3250rpm while smaller engine is 4000rpm. That alone makes a huge difference in daily driving. The 2.0L probably will get dropped unless a gas shortage pushes prices over $5/gal again.

Having driven the 2.5L, the difference in feel isn't exactly substantial. Noticeable, but most definitely not significant. 30HP/30 Ft-lb Tq won't produce magic in a 3500+ vehicle. The 2.5L still doesn't have enough torque to pull panties down. The SkyA-D 2.2L, yes.

Having driven the 2.5L, the difference in feel isn't exactly substantial. Noticeable, but most definitely not significant. 30HP/30 Ft-lb Tq won't produce magic in a 3500+ vehicle. The 2.5L still doesn't have enough torque to pull panties down. The SkyA-D 2.2L, yes.

The difference is substantial. The 2.5L is 1.6 seconds faster 0-60mph than the 2.0L. It has same HP as the CRV, but one second faster 0-60mph due to the peak torque is 1000rpm lower. Matter of fact the 2.5L is a full second faster than the Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, and Subaru Forester according to Motortrend.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/mazda/cx_5/#ixzz371sJF1GC

I've had many fast cars, including a supercharged 5.0L Mustang. It was fun ... when gas was $1 a gallon. The 2.5L is fast enough to get you into and out of traffic without stress. If you want to have hotrod fun look elsewhere, but don't call the 2.5L inadequate. Its far better than the competition, and gets fantastic gas mileage.

Well, crap....the link failed.

Anyway....not sure if it has been discussed already, but the CX-5 Sport automatic has ditched the 2.0L in favor of the 2.5L. Only the 6-speed manual gets the 2.0L now.

If you go to build a CX-5 on Mazda's site and select the Sport trim with an automatic, the engine changes to the 184hp 2.5L.

I can still build the 2.0L Auto Sport (in 2WD). I even tried changing my zip code to elsewhere (I used a San Diego one) to see if that mattered, but it did not.

Anyone else try it?

So regarding the original post(s), it's not clear that 2.0L auto tranny was dropped.

Back