Tein Springs in Front & MSP Springs in Rear?

Speed_ESQ

:
2003 Mazdaspeed
I had originally posted this in the MSP Suspension, but I figured there would be more traffic here.

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I've got the S-Tech's on the MSP, and the rear is riding higher than I like. It looks like the rear might be riding higher than stock, it definitely isn't lower than stock. I am, however, aware that the increased drop in the front would cause part of this.

I know that in the Tein application guide, they say that the S-Tech's are for '99+ Proteges (except for turbo).

Because the stock MSP springs are designed for the MSP, I was wondering wondering if anyone was running Tein S-Tech's in the front and stock MSP springs in the rear? Did the rear drop at all?

Cheers.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited:
How long have you had the springs on?

I think that the drop in the back for the MSPs is around .4" or so... not much, but some. If you just installed the springs, give them a couple weeks and see if they settle down any. Or, just find something heavy and keep it in the trunk all the time. (yupnope)

I thought about doing the S-Techs in the front, and MSP stock in the back, but I think the rear would be higher than it is now.

Let me know what you decide... Could be interesting.

Ther are a bunch of guys in our club here in Toronto with the Tein's, and definitely one MSP.
They will drop eventually, but not that much in the rear.
I think the stance is awesome once they do settle down.

MS MSP said:
Ther are a bunch of guys in our club here in Toronto with the Tein's, and definitely one MSP.
They will drop eventually, but not that much in the rear.
I think the stance is awesome once they do settle down.

Who is the guy with the MSP and Teins?!(canada)

My friend did that on his g35, teins in the front and stock in the rear and it rides nicely and looks badass. My rear is so dropped (stock) in the back and high in the front, that I was going to just put eibachs on the front and keep the back stock. It wont throw off the handling or anything. it should ride fine.

I love my tein's but I wish they did lower the back more.it just don't look right.
my car has the stance of a RWD car.

I thought about simply removing the rubber seat on the front struts. That should lower the front about ~1/2. Many cars do nor even have those rubber seats so I don't think it would hurt anything if the springs seat directly on the strut. The load would be the same with or without the rubber.

Hey guys,

The springs have been in for a few weeks, the front has settled a bit more, I am very happy with the front; however, the rears haven't settled all that much :(. From what I remember and I'm 99.9% postive, the rear struts don't have external bump stops, they're internal.

With regards to removing the rubber seat, don't do it! :)

Cheers.

Back