Tein S-Tech's are on!

looks good. . ive had my stech's and mp3 struts for like 3 months now and not ever rubbed and the are an awesome drop. . .no cluncking yet with the mp3 sway and old bushings

I like it a lot. Dont know if Im digging the tails yet, maybe when you put the hood and mirror covers on it will be a whole new story. Over all I like it. Cant believe you have no rubbing.

speedhawaii said:
nice wheels and drop. hows the bushings?
The rear bushings have been squeaking up a goddamn storm for the last couple months -- so now they're just continuing. It drives me insane, but once I move for the summer, I'm gonna try greasing them like people on here have -- and for the love of God, I hope the squeaking stops!

But I bet I'm gonna get some rub once I have a fully loaded car. That wouldn't surprise me at all. And I WOULD eventually like to go lower -- so I have the feeling I'm gonna be rollin' the fenders at one point or another. But as of right now .. no rub!

And yeah, the carbon fiber goodies should help make the tails blend .. Not to mention that I'm planning on removing all those decals I have along the back triangle windows and replacing them with a simple silver 'Mazdaspeed' decal, one on each side. Should clean the look of the car up pretty nicely.

Rush said:
But I bet I'm gonna get some rub once I have a fully loaded car.

i think u'll be ok, i also have the teins and with my car fulled up, 4 adults, me, and a baby, didn't rub once, and i have 215-35-18 with 48 offset

Sry Rush, i dont mean to hijack your thread... but the original ground clearance for the Speed is higher in the back? one of your earlier posts you said that the back end is still higher than the front... but the S-Techs lower the front 1.5" and 1.8" so how could the back still be that high ? just curious ... thanks

Sic03Mazda said:
hows the ride, you like em?? I cant decide between the eibach pro-kit or these
Well, the ride is definitely different from stock -- thanks to the Tein S-Tech's plus the fact that I'm riding on a 35 series tire. Your ass can feel every bump in the road .. but the handling is amazing. :D

Nice looking ride, i have tein stechs... they wont go any lower, thats the lowest...

ok a bit off topic (but nice rims), where'd you get that curved windshield tint strip? not a fan of the straight one like in ^ , but dig the curved...

PFUNKR said:
ok a bit off topic (but nice rims), where'd you get that curved windshield tint strip? not a fan of the straight one like in ^ , but dig the curved...
I got my tint job done at a good shop in central-ish New Jersey .. They did an excellent job, and when I asked for the curved windshield strip, they did it without a problem.

Thanks for the props, guys. :)

And I installed my Gemini CF hood today, along with my DG CF grill and DG CF mirror covers .. Gotta do a little adjusting on the grill, and then I'll do a lil' photoshoot. And I'm holdin' off on installing the DG CF eyelids until I get my inspection bulls*** straightened out. But yeah, the photoshoot tomorrow will give you guys a decent idea of what my car's developing into.

Back