Tapping Turn Light Wires

jetstreamblue

:
2012 Mazda5 GS
I ordered the OEM outside mirror covers with LED turn signals to upgrade my 2012 GS's non-colour matched mirrors. Checked the wiring to the mirrors and it looks like it's pre-wired for heated mirrors but not the LED turn signals so looks like I'd need to tap the wires and fish them through. Just wondering if anybody knows where's the best place to tap the turn signal wires from inside the car? I saw the other tutorial on mirror signals that tapped from the front lights but there must be a better way. From the service manual I got, the wiring diagram shows a harness running down both sides of the car including the wires to the rear turn signals, but it doesn't show where exactly the harness runs. Anybody know? Thanks!

Attached in the wiring diagram. The wire goes to BCM, it is behind the glove box, so you can take it out and go for it.
I was too lazy to do it at that time and now have no interest to change.

Attachments

• turning lights.JPG
    turning lights.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 168
Attached in the wiring diagram. The wire goes to BCM, it is behind the glove box, so you can take it out and go for it.
I was too lazy to do it at that time and now have no interest to change.

Thanks Vasy. I also have the wiring diagrams but they don't show where the harnesses run physically in the car. I may try tapping from the BCM as you suggested.

On that diagram is says that is is BCM and lists position and wire colours.
You can double check with voltmeter once you get to it.

I just pulled the lower panel on the driver's side footwell and it looks like you can access the main driver's side harness running to the back of the car there. Hopefully the passenger side is the same. I think it'll be easier and closer to tap there rather than going to the BCM.
Anyway my mirror cover parts won't arrive for a few weeks, I'll take some pictures and update once I actually do the work.

Reviving this. Did you end up tapping the wires from inside? I have the led mirror covers and want to do this as easily as possible. Thanks.

Back