Tail lights, ac/heater and Dash light wont turn on Stumped on whats wrong

tommylaw2006

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hi my name is Tommy, Im new to this site, I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2003 Mazda Protege5,

Heres what happened, one day all the following just wont turn on anymore, all 3 happened at the same exact time.

~rear tail lights wont turn on (NOTE: my brake lights and signal lights still work....)
~ AC/Heater/Fan will not work anymore, the lights wont turn on and when I turn the knobs nothing happens. (NOTE: my radio still works, lights and all)
~ My dash light no longer turns on (NOTE: my odometer still works and the little notification lights still work IE: seat-belt, BRAKE, Check Engine etc.)

I have checked both fuse boxes ( under the dash and under the hood) no fuse seems to be blown.

I have no clue why or how this happened.

Whats worse is i recently got pulled over for a fixing ticket due to the lights not working.

Thank you for any input, its greatly appreciated.

As far as the tail lights, the bulbs are dual filament so the bulbs themselves could be partially busted, leading to your issue there.

No idea on those others though if fuses are fine..

The cost to have a trusted mechanic diagnose the problem is going to be a lot cheaper than if you do not correct the ticket within the required amount of time -- it will become a full ticket. I don't know what state you're in but some states consider unsafe/improper equipment to be a moving violation. If you are one of the unfortunate people that live in a pure contributory negligence state and you're involved in an accident you might not collect anything if they found out your lights were not functioning. Now, if I came across you or someone I know did and you still had not corrected that you would be issued a ticket and the vehicle would be towed and impounded. By driving this vehicle in this condition you are not only risking your own life but everyone around you. Please take it to a mechanic immediately.

Check your relays... especially the tns relay.

You may have a bad ignition switch.

Back