Tail Light Bulbs

Caedmon7777

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Does anyone know what kind of bulbs fit the tail light, rear turn signal, and the reverse light? I want to change them to LEDs but I need to know what size they are so I can change them accordingly. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

watch out about the turn signals, for some reason i tried to replace mine and i couldn't because mazda made a special bulb to fit it.

mickeyreategui said:
watch out about the turn signals, for some reason i tried to replace mine and i couldn't because mazda made a special bulb to fit it.

I know that problem first hand as well with the rear turn signals. Instead of having the little "nubs" the same on both sides of the bulb and housing, they offset them. Now, if you want to use after market replacement bulbs, this may cause a problem. What I did was use a utility knife and make the offsetted slot a little bigger, and the bulbs fit in perfectly and work great.

By the way, I have PIAA super white turn signals as shown in these pics:

img3827iu2.jpg

img3829rg1.jpg

Canadian Bear said:
I know that problem first hand as well with the rear turn signals. Instead of having the little "nubs" the same on both sides of the bulb and housing, they offset them. Now, if you want to use after market replacement bulbs, this may cause a problem. What I did was use a utility knife and make the offsetted slot a little bigger, and the bulbs fit in perfectly and work great.

By the way, I have PIAA super white turn signals as shown in these pics:

img3827iu2.jpg

img3829rg1.jpg

isn't that the reverse lights? and how did you "bend them out" with a knife?

Caedmon7777 said:
isn't that the reverse lights? and how did you "bend them out" with a knife?

No. The reverse lights are right beside the turn signals. The turn signals are on the outside, and the reverse lights are on the inside. I had my four ways on in the pics.

As for the light socket, I just used a sharp knife to make the slots bigger. This will allow the "nubs" to line up and fit in place. I was able to turn mine slightly to lock them in place.

there hella expensive, and i dont think u cud see the design behind the OEM light. with the next gen for the same price as the bulbs, the pattern is almost similar.

Back