Tail light blackout

They make your lights dimmer and more black than jewly chrome.

I think about half people are geeked about it, I personally think it looks pretty dumb. Waste of time and/or money.

I find it only seems to fit on a car that's already completely murdered out (black paint, no chrome, super-dark tint, etc...). Otherwise, I can't stand it. I saw blacked-out tail-lights on a red car once and about laughed my balls off.

I love blackouts but I've been doing it to my cars for years BEFORE the whole run on tints and nightshades happened. Are we destined to start hate smoked cars? Probably. Disappoints me.

Anyway, nightshades work fine, but from someone who has done this a lot, go with a quality film. Most of the time, the film will stay deep and reflective longer. Nightshades have a tendency to go dull unless you polish and clear coat them.

I find it only seems to fit on a car that's already completely murdered out (black paint, no chrome, super-dark tint, etc...). Otherwise, I can't stand it. I saw blacked-out tail-lights on a red car once and about laughed my balls off.

Black on red is hot, and I'm sure red MS3s with tails are gonna chime in and agree. Of course, nothing beats black on black. Behold, my old ride.........
0322071317.jpg

Black on red is hot, and I'm sure red MS3s with tails are gonna chime in and agree. Of course, nothing beats black on black. Behold, my old ride.........

I know a lot of people like it, I just can't stand it. I'm not a fan of blacking out to begin with unless it's EVERYTHING. Even then it just makes me do a more of "Well, at least it all goes together". I understand appeal and the aesthetic, but it does nothing for me.

haha yea i know it does that. what i meant by that was does everyone think of how they look and stuff

I was being dead serious, I like the jewly type chrome black bezel stuff, looks much better than just black bars on the back.

i used nightshades on mine, but i hate completely blacked out tails so i just did 3 light coats to get a smoky look

makes the stock p5 tails look waaaaay better, i used to hate them and now they are alright lol

The darker the better for looks.... now for actually being able to see through, that's a different story!! 5 light coats did me just fine. I would post a pic, but I've already posted pics on probably 4 boards, don't wanna piss people off....

oh ok well i was looking around and ill probably just stick with the stocks for now. but eventually ill probably buy the OEM LED tails.

Gotta have those OEM LED's, man they are hawt.
Have them on my GT and they make you just wanna stare all night.

0322071317.jpg

looks good bro (thumb)

I did mine and my homboi's teggy I think they turned out aiight..
Note: smoke film on the msp, Nite shadez on the teggy
2ykaqzo.jpg
10yfnl3.jpg

I'm with Andrew I don't like red and black... I saw a gray with blacked out tail lights and I didn't like it much either but I love the clear tail lights so???

0322071317.jpg

no offense... but way to make blacked out tails look bad with that giant wing and chrome decals =P

that giant 'wing' (spoiler actually) is teh type-r spoiler. and makes that car look b-a in my opinion.

i dont care what it is. its fugly. and most people will consider it rice on the street.

tall spoilers= fail imo.

although i do respect integras. quick as sh*t (second)

Back