Tail lens leak

gbureasds

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
My passenger tail light is leaking through the lens some how. This is my second taillight. The second one started to leak with in a week. Has anyone had this same problem? Thanks

my passenger side tail and head light both get some condensation in it, i'm not all that worried about it considering back when the car was 2 months old, i got run off 6-10 and slammed a wall at 75, the car had 13k worth of damage and you'd never know, side from the condensation lol.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. I just don't understand why it keeps doing this. I'm on my 3rd light, and I don't want to have to keep going weekly to Mazda to get a new one. And one of the service managers claims, that it is the humidity doing that to that one taillight. Which I don't understand why the other would do it.

gbureasds said:
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. I just don't understand why it keeps doing this. I'm on my 3rd light, and I don't want to have to keep going weekly to Mazda to get a new one. And one of the service managers claims, that it is the humidity doing that to that one taillight. Which I don't understand why the other would do it.

well it is humidity and rain, but either the vent hole (if there is one) is plugged up, or the taillight has a crack in it. look and see if you can find how it water is gettin in. if they dont fix it see if you can drill a VERY VERY VERY small hole somewhere along the bottom where it wont be noticed.

Yeah, I guess I could do that. The thing that pisses me off is my car is not even 6 months old and this is happenening over and over. I love my car but can't stand these little things that go wrong.

gbureasds said:
Yeah, I guess I could do that. The thing that pisses me off is my car is not even 6 months old and this is happenening over and over. I love my car but can't stand these little things that go wrong.

wanna trade :)

well like I told you in your previous post, that seems a commom problem on used 6'es and 3's. Taking the taillight assembly out is not a big deal but if your car is still under warranty I would just take it to the dealer. Like I said before. I took mine out, let it gry, clean it all around it and then put clear silycone all around it.

Finally resolved. What ever jackass that installed my sirius radio at mazda ran the wire under the trunk seal and did not put it back the correct way. So when it rained the water would run right into my taillight. Genius.

Back