Switching AEM to SURE

Thank you Strick-btw, luv what you've done to your MS3! Looks, mods, total badass!

Yes I am. I'm also local to the shop.

But a "sponsership" has nothing to do with the tmics looking similar. Or the fact that the maf on the intakes are not the same. But I suppose that is the same defense a lawyer would take. Discredit the defendant by association, nullifying his statements

Now answer my question. Your sig says you have a cp-e tmic, is it pretty much identical to the SU tmic that was available a while ago.
There is only one way to design a TMIC to fit within the confines of the MS3 underhood ducting. All TMIC' s have a similar design, the difference is in the details. With the CP-e TMIC, the end tanks are cast aluminum and the mounting posts are bolt-on billet aluminum. The 'Bar and Plate' design in the core is pretty much standard for all TMIC's.
For the record, I am not trying to discredit your opinions, due to your association with SU. I asked that question, because I have noticed your strong defense of SU products. There is no doubt, that SU has very good products and great customer service.

Last edited:
Thats a respectable answer. I appreciate the time taken to ellaborate on it. :D

I only defend S.U. around here because they got a bad wrap from another company on here and are banned. Which IMO is silly, you cant even type out there name without it being *****ed out...lol. I have personally tried a lot of parts out on my car being that its on 07 and found some work better than others and only try and help people not drop additional coin if not needed. The new SURE lineup with its lifetime guarantee and cel free guarantee seem to be a plus in my book. Construction of the pieces are high end too, with lots of attention to detail. CP-e parts arent bad, just dollar for dollar they dont make sense :) with whats available these days

Thats a respectable answer. I appreciate the time taken to ellaborate on it. :D

I only defend S.U. around here because they got a bad wrap from another company on here and are banned. Which IMO is silly, you cant even type out there name without it being *****ed out...lol. I have personally tried a lot of parts out on my car being that its on 07 and found some work better than others and only try and help people not drop additional coin if not needed. The new SURE lineup with its lifetime guarantee and cel free guarantee seem to be a plus in my book. Construction of the pieces are high end too, with lots of attention to detail. CP-e parts arent bad, just dollar for dollar they dont make sense :) with whats available these days
I hear ya and thank you for the clarification.(cool)

Fanboy clubs raise a red flag with me. Yes, I have the SURE rear motor mount and like it -- alot. But there is no manufactuer on this planet that makes the perfect part, none that can't be improved upon, and none that has every single product in its line superior to everything out there on the market. So, I try to look for the highest quality I can afford, with the greatest level of performance, and with the best customer service after the sale, and buy and install that regardless of who happens to make it.

For that reason every single mod on my car has come from a different manufacturer: TurboXS for the dp/rp. Magnaflow for the exhaust tip on my stock CBE. Vibrant for the high flow straight through reso in my rp, Mazdaspeed (AEM) for my intake with Dryflow filter, NGK for the one step colder plugs. VDO mechanical boost gauge. Hypertech for the programmer, Pirelli tires. Stock BPV (none better).

The SURE rear motor mount was the best product I could find for that purpose. That does not mean that they have the best (fill in the blank with the name of any other mod).

Last edited:
Despite our almost exactly opposite styles in terms of cars (red vs. black, slammed vs. trackable, etc...LOL) I agree with 99.9% of what Strick always posts. Plus, despite not caring for the slammed look, his car is beautiful--best True Red on here. I fully agree with what he says about this particular aftermarket company.

Thank you Strick-btw, luv what you've done to your MS3! Looks, mods, total badass!
Thank you very much!! Ill PM you the info when i get it rather than here. Itll just be better that way :D

Despite our almost exactly opposite styles in terms of cars (red vs. black, slammed vs. trackable, etc...LOL) I agree with 99.9% of what Strick always posts. Plus, despite not caring for the slammed look, his car is beautiful--best True Red on here. I fully agree with what he says about this particular aftermarket company.

I can feel the love...lol. I appreciate your faith in me. Thanks man :D

I am only trying to inform, not mis-inform based off of forum here say. I will back any statement made and dont mind helping others when it comes to the aftermarket for this platform. Money is tight these days and WE ALL want to get the most for our money....right??

Back