Switchblade Key for '07?

AeroSquid

I remember a while back there was discussion about getting switchblade keys working on our gen of Speed 3's. I was at the dealer today fiddling with a new speed 3 and ogling the switchblade keys. The dealer claims that the frequency for the remotes are different and the 2012 key will not work for an '07. While I don't really trust the dealer i'm fairly sure he was telling the truth. Can anyone confirm? I'd really like to have one of the new keys...

that's what they look like for sure. i'd like to hear from someone who has it working on their MS3 before i get one though... anyone??

edit: I went ahead and got 2 of them off ebay for $16.55 My only worry is they key itself. I know it has to be matched to the car somehow and I have forgotten that procedure...

Last edited:
I currently have one for my car...However, I live in Canada and they come standard with these cars. So my suggestion to you is to order one from a canadian dealership and install your guts into the fob.

Nevermind...just saw that you already got one from ebay

maybe i should do that anyway since the one i got won't work. it's not even close to fitting. So far i'm out $16.55 :( I wonder if they are different in Canada?

07iLa.jpg

gXzl3.jpg

i currently have a switchblade for my 07. i bought one off of ebay. something like this: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

and then i bought a key with transponder like this: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned).

go and get both new keys cut. program the non-switch blade key in the car (there should be directions somewhere on this forum of how to program it yourself). rip open the top of the key and take out the transponder. place the transponder into the new flip case (as close as possible to where the key is so that it is right next to the ignition when in the car). install the cut flip key, put the fob together, and voila. you have a switchblade key.

let me know if you have questions.

Latest posts

Back