swaybar questions

jaytee

What's the difference between rear swaybar and rear strut bar for the protege5? What does each improve?

Strut bar goes on the top of the struts, sway bar goes at the bottom and is connected by endlinks.

Strut bar reduces body flex, sway bar reduces body roll.

That help?

wait...

there's a strut bar for the p5? i've yet to find this.

wouldn't it look weird in the middle of the trunk / hatch? i mean, at least with sedans, it tucks up close underneat the rear deck. with our open-air trunks, it would probably be in the way (at least if you carry golf clubs or bikes or something.)

I don't believe there acutualy "is" one for the P5. Many have done custom stuff.

there is no rear stut bar in either the sedans ot P5.... though there is one "built in" to the rear deck on the sedans.

RyanJayG said:
there is no rear stut bar in either the sedans ot P5.... though there is one "built in" to the rear deck on the sedans.

Yea right? I'm looking for strut bars for my '03 LX Sedan, any suggestions on where to look and usually how much those bad boys go for?

you dont need a rear strut bar, though for a front one there are plenty of choices.

ok, to continue this debate...

everyone is saying that just a sway bar would be more than enough on a p5, if i read this correctly.

but, since there is one available, which i just found on corksport, would installing both this strut tower bar and the sway bar do more harm than good? maybe make the ride just that much more harsh? or would it really be a great improvement to the handling and body roll to have both?

u can go on ebay, get a rear upper tower strut bar for a ford probe for about $10 and itll fit a p5.

couple of my friends have done this already. minor mods need to be done (like cutting the platistic surroundings in the rear or just remove it all together)

peace
chris

umm the guys that installed it said it helped a little? i would think that if it helped with their street driving some what, that it should make a bigger difference on the track for autoxer's. this meaning the top rear bar.

btw heres the link if anyone is interested. i searched for "ford rear strut bar"
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

good luck finding answers... sorry i cant be of much help
peace

chris

Latest posts

Back