Sway Bars for 99 Protege

a61688

:
99 Mazda Protege 1.6L DX
So, I want to install sway bars onto my car after I replace the front end links because of my Tokico's. The only set I am able to find are the Mazdaspeed set at protegegarage.com Any recommendations? Also, I wonder if changing the end links to the 2001 end links (tokico's were designed to match 2001 model but sold for 99 and 00 too) will change what sway bars will match the car, at least in the front. Can I still get 99 sway bars or would I have to get 01?

the mazdaspeed ones should bolt right up. but the endlinks idk anything bout that still learning LOL.

The front endlinks need to be replaced with the longer ones from the 2001-2003. You can keep your sway bars and no modification is needed for the rear. The rear bar should bolt right up to the new struts. I recommend upgrading the rear sway bar to the racing beat or the progress. If you upgrade the rear you will need new endlinks, sway bar bushings and horseshoe brackets. Except the progress might not need new endlinks, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

i dont think my car has a rear sway bar. i have the dx and when we did the tokico's, the rear struts now have a bracket for a bar where the old ones did not. there was no bar to hook up to the tokico's regardless.

Back