Swapping wiper stalk to intermittent wipers?

N00bie

:
2003 Pontiac Sunfire
Hey Guys, I just joined this site, I will be looking for info on 04+ and newer mazdaspeeds as I'm looking to buy one new or used...

Anyhow, my gf drives a '03 protege lx sedan, I'm trying to help her with a few small things..one thing she wants to do is get rid of the 3 speed wiper switch and upgrade to intermitent wiper stalk (Vancouver, BC Canada, lots of rain here :) .. anyhow know if this can be done and what mazda models stalks will work? I've done this in other cars of mine, since usually the delay resister is built into the stalk, so unbolt and unplug the stock stalk, throw it in the bin, replace with an intermittent one and voila! Intermittent wipers! Thanks in advance...

p.s. - Anyone know if 90-93 miata 14" 7 spokes will replace the stock 4x100 steelies and fit right?

Thanks for the help! $72 for a stalk though, see I was going to hit the wreckers and see if I could find a wrecked protege or mp3 with intermittent stalk and take it off myself for $10 or whatever

The Tribute stalk works!! I know pro5x2 has done the install and it worked for him. I believe he found it on ebay for like 30 shipped. I'm pretty sure the protege's didn't come with intermittent wipers at all.

Sweet deal!! There's one on ebay right now too, it's a ring with two stalks on it...!

Nope, a white plastic ring with right and left stalks attached...I should probably do a bit more research before I bid on one

The direct replacement for protege's is from a European car, pretty sure it was the 626. I am pretty sure that p5's and sedans use different stalks so the tribute stalk will not work. From the research I did when I was looking for one there was no North American car that had an intermittent stalk to swap to a protege sedan. So you are stuck with trying to find the eurospec part somewhere or just ordering it from corksport.

Errr.... whups, I already bid and got a tribute stalk coming... I really hope it fits, or else... I should have done more research I guess..paid $40 can shipped.

Old thread, but a Tribute or Escape stalk will work. The rear wiper/washer part will just be non-functional. I have one. Get some squirt nozzles from a Tribute or Escape too, they're great.

Back