Suspension parts. What to get, where?

racielrod

:
2006 Mazda 5 Sport
Hi there,

I'm having the common noisy suspension in my 2006 Mazda5 Sport. I have spent a lot of time reading and educating myself about this, possible causes and fixes.
I have read that sway bar bushings and shocks are more likely the cause of these noises. A friend of mine is going to inspect the car to determine what we need to change.
It would be great to hear about recommendations on these parts and where to get them.

Shocks: Monroe? KYB? Other?
Bushings: ?
Struts : (I hope this is not the case).

As for the bushings I have read some have had good results by lubing them with lithium grease.
I like working on my cars, but I have no garage so until I do, I prefer every fix to last as long as possible.

Thanks in advance!
R.

I heard the KYBs and Monroes are built by the same vendor, so you may find either is acceptable. We have a serious deficiency in shock/strut choices here. Wonder what the choices are in other parts of the world?

I have read disappointing comments about KYBs even when they are more expensive than Monroe. If I need to go for shocks I think I'm giving Monroe a try, unless there is something out there proven to be more reliable.
As for bushings, do you guys recommend polyurethane bushings at all? If so, any particular brand?

Thanks!
R.

Also just wanted to report that after 11,000 miles on the set of Sensen (APX) struts and shocks they are still holding up as in the first day.

Back