Suspension Noise

a61688

:
99 Mazda Protege 1.6L DX
I read somewhere that when you replace the suspension in a 99 protege with tokico hp blue's, that you needed to also swap out some hardware with a later model protege because the manufacturer based the hp blue's on a later year model or something like that. i cant find the post anywhere and its driving me nuts! I'm having weird steering noises and the rear right strut assembly seems to be rattling over any unevenness in the road. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I believe the fix for the noise in the rear was to put washers under the bolts on the strut mount because there is some play.

I read somewhere that when you replace the suspension in a 99 protege with tokico hp blue's, that you needed to also swap out some hardware with a later model protege because the manufacturer based the hp blue's on a later year model or something like that. i cant find the post anywhere and its driving me nuts! I'm having weird steering noises and the rear right strut assembly seems to be rattling over any unevenness in the road. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I believe the fix for the noise in the rear was to put washers under the bolts on the strut mount because there is some play.

If you want to use Tok-blues on pre2000 1/2 you need to order new front sway bar end links. use part # LC62-34-170B. I think they are about $100 :(

Back