supercharger for '99 1.6L ?

hey people. havent posted for a long time. i finished with the miata setup with a carbonetics 2way lsd and a carbonetics clutch kit with a light flywheel for more torque. now what i need is more power. i was wondering if i can find a supercharger ( i was told that there are kits with the M45 blower) for the '99 1.6L version. i 've been searching for days but couldnt come up with anything.

any help apreciated

hey people. havent posted for a long time. i finished with the miata setup with a carbonetics 2way lsd and a carbonetics clutch kit with a light flywheel for more torque. now what i need is more power. i was wondering if i can find a supercharger ( i was told that there are kits with the M45 blower) for the '99 1.6L version. i 've been searching for days but couldnt come up with anything.

any help apreciated

Check these out:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123711556

The 99 doesn't have a 1.6. It's a 1.8 (in the US)

I'm guessing you're not in the US?? Correct? Not sure if you can use the Supercharger for the earlier 1.6's... anyone know if the they are the same?

I soooooo already noticed that

(chair)

I imagine this would be the problem though. Looking around most of the American aftermarket sites, they aren't even going to address the existence of a 99 1.6.

I soooooo already noticed that

(chair)

I imagine this would be the problem though. Looking around most of the American aftermarket sites, they aren't even going to address the existence of a 99 1.6.

lol fair enough. You should have elaborated there, doofy :p

JennB i live in CYPRUS (small greek island) and unfortunately in the market you can mostly find 1.6L and more rarely 1.8L . no mazdaspeed edition for us :( does anyone know if the kit for NA fits on NB?

I know where Cyprus is (rofl2)

I asked the same question, can the earlier 1.6 kit fit on a later 1.6?

JennB i live in CYPRUS (small greek island) and unfortunately in the market you can mostly find 1.6L and more rarely 1.8L . no mazdaspeed edition for us :( does anyone know if the kit for NA fits on NB?

Maybe call the manufacturer and see if they can do some research.

aMaff the local mazda representative really sucks. they have no idea for any aftermarket parts.

not mazda, call the manufacturer of the supercharger kit you're looking for. I wouldn't expect reps at most dealerships to know a supercharger from a hole in the ground...

Hey Miataguy...long time no speak.
Would you mind taking a picture of your engine bay and posting it up?
I don't see why a 1.6 NA kit wouldn't fit a NB 1.6.
As for fitment, you have the stationary lights and we have the flip ups....I don't think space would matter.

Worst case scenario...go turbo :D

the 1.6l engine in the non-US NB Miadas are the same as the 1.6l they put in the NA6's, right?So... get a supercharger for a NA6, and you're done.

the 1.6l engine in the non-US NB Miadas are the same as the 1.6l they put in the NA6's, right?So... get a supercharger for a NA6, and you're done.

If memory serves, the later foreign 1.6 intake ports were redesigned similarly to the 1.8 ports found on the 99 engines here. However, don't quote me on this. VICS was added as well.

If memory serves, the later foreign 1.6 intake ports were redesigned similarly to the 1.8 ports found on the 99 engines here. However, don't quote me on this. VICS was added as well.
Interesting. but even so, in this situation, unless the OP is after a cold-side set up, and went for the traditional hot-side install, the exterior of the block is what matters, right? Is where it bolts above the exhaust manifold the same? I know they added VICS, but i didn't think it was an issue in this case.

BTW, i quoted you :p

Interesting. but even so, in this situation, unless the OP is after a cold-side set up, and went for the traditional hot-side install, the exterior of the block is what matters, right? Is where it bolts above the exhaust manifold the same? I know they added VICS, but i didn't think it was an issue in this case.

Absolutely true. A US hotside SC should work with no problems. Maybe a slight modification to align the charge pipe to the throttle body area (if it's in a different spot).

BTW, i quoted you :p
What with?

Back