Suggestions for NW section:

joka1

Contributor
:
2002 Black Mica ES-T
This area has been dead recently so I am asking for suggestions to get it going again!
PM me or post it here!! Anything.........New thread suggestions, meet suggestions (I will tow my torn apart car if need be!!)

My first suggestion which I will implement in a few minutes is a sticky with the 2008 NW show schedule. Update it with shows as they are announced!! I will update the first thread!

I know I have not been setting up meets like I should and I was hoping some other members would step up and do that, My protege is broke so the meet thing is on a backburner but I will organize 1 meet prior to winter!!

Let me know
Rob

Its nice your trying to get this section back from the dead.

Maybe in addition to show schedule. An autox/rallyx/trackday type schedule might bring some interest back into this section.

Good point: It is becoming winter now so track events are about to go away!! I will start a track sticky if their is enough interest!! I would love to drag against all of you guys!! (30+psi will be fun with methanol and nitrous!! plus I am trailering my car to all events so when I break my axles/tranny break I am not stranded!!)

Rob

Yah the show schedule for 08' season would be great. I would like to do a couple more shows next year if I can get my car show ready they way I want it.

Yah the show schedule for 08' season would be great. I would like to do a couple more shows next year if I can get my car show ready they way I want it.

I will have a list probally next month. I normally find out all the shows and me and my team (project 1) decide what we are showing at. I will post the full list here once I have it.

Rob

Wow, been awhile kids... So I'm living in richmond beach now. could be talked into a meet if there's any intrest. nothings' really different with my car than the last couplego'rounds a year or 2 ago, but I'm sure there's some new faces around.

Having the NW section cover oregon, WA and Idaho is hard for me to set up meets. During the winter I will begin planning and organizing a meet for all of us. Somthing like summerpallooza in the SE. I will get sponsors and make that happen over the winter!!

For now:
I dunno, Anybody want a weekend meet at my house? I am out of the way but I will take you through some beautiful drives, show everybody deception pass and Whidbey Island. Plus you can see I am actually working on my car and see my slow ass progress!! I dont expect any showing from Oregon or Idaho and you can plan your own small meets as you wish!! But if anybody in western WA wants to meet here let me know!!

The big meet WILL happen this spring/Summer where it will be worth the drive and be centrally located to the NW section!!

Rob

A thread will be started soon to ask for inputs for locations central to all of us, sponsor hookups (I have a few), Type of show as in competition with trophies,just a meet or maybe a trackday.

Having the NW section cover oregon, WA and Idaho is hard for me to set up meets. During the winter I will begin planning and organizing a meet for all of us. Somthing like summerpallooza in the SE. I will get sponsors and make that happen over the winter!!

For now:
I dunno, Anybody want a weekend meet at my house? I am out of the way but I will take you through some beautiful drives, show everybody deception pass and Whidbey Island. Plus you can see I am actually working on my car and see my slow ass progress!! I dont expect any showing from Oregon or Idaho and you can plan your own small meets as you wish!! But if anybody in western WA wants to meet here let me know!!

The big meet WILL happen this spring/Summer where it will be worth the drive and be centrally located to the NW section!!

Rob

A thread will be started soon to ask for inputs for locations central to all of us, sponsor hookups (I have a few), Type of show as in competition with trophies,just a meet or maybe a trackday.

The Excelerator show in July in Idaho is always a good oportunity to meet with lots to do at the theme park and car show.

Yes I will be their this year. Already planned I am just waiting for the date release!!

Rob

We have been trying to make the XXX roodbeer meet work for a few years now. it's gotten smaller and smaller. we had a mazda dealer show up this year but we had trouble getting the word out. We are hoping to get a huge turnout from all the mazda forums next year. maybe get a few more sponsors. the XXX rootbeer in issaqua it pretty easy to get to from all points of the north west. this year I met someone from portland here in olympia for the drive up. it would be cool to meet all the. southern members here that way people don't get lost on the way up.

Rob you are more than welcome to help us organize this. I'll let you know when it's going to happen next year. usually it's sep. 23 but we have to book it in advance and it has to be a sunday so we can use the medical center parking lot next door. we are trying to get one person from every forum to help organize this. this year we only had 2 people organizing it and the word never got out. I'm going to try and step up next year.

I think this would make a great yearly mega meet.

Back