Suggestions for aftermarket fog/driving lights

:
'14 CX9 TouringAWD
I'd like to save some money and install some similar driving lights in my fog cutouts for added lighting when needed . What are some light kits that are similar style and quality lenses/bulbs that would fit? All I've come across is Hella 90 mm rounds...Would they be best bet and would they fit well in the cutouts? Thanks.

Sadly there are no aftermarket options for the 13-14 CX9. Your only option is going to be doing a custom job. Which with the angle of the stock housing, will make it a bit more complicated then a car that had a flat spot to work with.

Well that, or spend the $400 on a set of OEM ones.

Ouch....I don't want to fool with lighting angles, etc. The least expensive kits I've seen are around $470 plus freight....Thanks for your reply!

Yea, ive been in the same boat. I can fabricate something. But im just waiting it out. I keep an eye on Ebay, but ive yet to see a single set of used ones even posted. :(

Junk yard. Might take a few since usually a totaled vehicle will have been in a front end collision and you probably won't find both sides in tact.

Good luck!

Are there any other Mazda models that use the same shroud and light kit? I did a search on car-parts and couldn't find fog light kits for CX9 anywhere.

Nope. The shrouds are specific to our cars. The fog lights themselves can be found pretty cheap though with some searching.

Are there any other Mazda models that use the same shroud and light kit? I did a search on car-parts and couldn't find fog light kits for CX9 anywhere.

I know the Mazda2 for sure use the same housing, although it has a slightly different reflector inside (another forum member and I were looking at options for swapping the stock ones to get rid of the back reflector). I think the CX-5 is the same size, based on the guy that parks next to me at work.
As for the shroud, that's gonna be custom to the CX-9, I would think. However, we floated the idea of another user updating their 2012 to the new body style and someone (credit: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...12-CX-9-Deer&p=6347889&viewfull=1#post6347889) found this treasure:

http://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com/pa...iteid=215334&vehicleid=393886&diagram=5424011

So, you could theoretically order the mazda2 fog light kit (or maybe a CX-5 kit) and part number 26 and 28 and make up your own "kit".

Whatcha guys think?

^ The Mazda2 uses the same fog lights, but not the shrouds.

My plan has been to order the shrouds alone from Mazda, then hit up Ebay for some universal projectors to use. Id rather go that route then the factory halogen housings anyways.

Thanks guys...that makes sense to me. Ordering the OEM shrouds and then some quality projector lights like Hella 90 mm seems like the ticket. Besides some type of dash switch, what other wiring or components would I need? I would pay a local aftermarket parts store to install and align.

You get a current owner with the OEM's to take a picture for you ;)

Excuse the dirtiness/lack of accuracy thanks to the angle of the thing:
IMG_2695_zpsaedbdf77.jpg

Looks to be about 85mm ID... However, another user has successfully installed the 90mm Hella option with some light Dremel work to the chrome-plastic trim. See this thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ID-projector-fog-lights-(night-time-pictures)

Thanks so much. I just can't stand seeing my CX9 with those large black plastic moldings and no eyeballs! Not to mention, I drive a lot of rural roads for hunting/fishing and need extra light at times.

Back