Subwoofer added - this car is easy...

MMC Racing

:
2014 Mazda 3s GT
I had one of these sitting around new that I bought over a year ago for another vehicle, but never installed..

aa42731df257a5d45376cd70a5fb3915.jpg

And one of these:

lc7i-gray.jpg

I also had a 8 gauge install kit. All I needed was a little motivation to actually do something.. I used these Moroso quick disconnects so the subwoofer could be removed from the car easily:

mor-74201_w_ml.jpg

My thoughts:
  • Running the power wire through the firewall on the drivers side is very easy. Just remove the battery and then stick a sharp object from inside the car through the grommet
  • Under the passenger set is a great place to install the line converter. Convenient since the Bose amp is right there to tap into
  • Since the line converter takes such little power, I tapped the power and ground off the Bose amp also for a very easy install
  • Running power and signal cables front to back on the car is very easy. Panels remove easy. Wire could be fished to the hatch area without removing the rear seat

I finished it up enough tonight to hear it play, but I still need to do some tuning and tidy up a couple areas. I'll post pictures soon.

3 weeks ago I installed a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 into my wife's CX-5. I prefer it to the MTX for ease of install and overall sound quality. I highly recommend it at this price point.

41gJ8-OqH%2BL.jpg

Back