Sub & Amp Recommendations ???

I just got my Mazda 3 Stealth box, and I was wondering what everyone's opinion is regarding a JL Audio 8w6. The mounting depth is 4.25", so it should fit.

Thanks,

Paul
08.5 MS3 GT (true red); 1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Its called a Kicker StealthBox. They make some good stuff. I had a Kicker 12" L5 with an Alpine PDX 600 amp in my car and it was amazing.

Its called a Kicker StealthBox. They make some good stuff. I had a Kicker 12" L5 with an Alpine PDX 600 amp in my car and it was amazing.

The one I have is not a Kicker StealthBox, it is the 8" version discussed above in this thread which fits into the side of the cargo area where the jack goes.

Paul
08.5 MS3 GT (true red); 1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Well this is how I ended up mounting my amp, under the trunk mat. I'll post some pics of the sub soon

JLAmp2.jpg

JLAmp.jpg

Nice James! I might have to copy the install location this weekend. Whats that the JL slash 250? How you like it? Been thinkin of upgrading my old one to this one as well.

do you have to take out the jack and stuff in that compartment for the box to fit?

looked like it, thats the one ive been planning to get. Just upgraded my JL 10" to a newer model. will that fit in the enclosure or is it 8"?

ahh i see i wasnt paying attention that u did a stealth box. i have a porter 12" woofer, so thats not an option for me, but I really like that location for the amp, I think I might have to remount mine. -- did you have to do any cutting into the plastic that holds the wrench?

ahh i see i wasnt paying attention that u did a stealth box. i have a porter 12" woofer, so thats not an option for me, but I really like that location for the amp, I think I might have to remount mine. -- did you have to do any cutting into the plastic that holds the wrench?

Yea we trimmed the leg off the tray, you should be able to see it from the 2 pics I added above

Im going to try to get one of these, hopefully the turn around isnt too long.
It sucks that I missed a group buy by about a month.
Awesome pics and everything. I'll hopefully be getting everything to do it in the next few weeks.

Im going to try to get one of these, hopefully the turn around isnt too long.
It sucks that I missed a group buy by about a month.
Awesome pics and everything. I'll hopefully be getting everything to do it in the next few weeks.

I'm pretty sure there'll be another group buy, good luck bro.
(nana) I got some boom boom in my zoom zoom

Here's the JL 8W3v3-4 sub, and where a relocated the jack

JLsub.jpg

stealth boxes are really cool. I like that they keep it so the trunk is still available, How is the quality of the sound on a JL in such a tiny tiny box and that its way back there in the tucked away corner.

And just so I'm not seeing this wrong, but does the thing not fit correctly or is it falling out from the hole? Your first pic looks like it doesn't fit in there. just wondering

Last edited:
yeah why is it falling out James? How does it hit. I like that you got a JL to fit, its all i would buy..but is the 8" noticeable.

I'm not a pro when it comes to audio sound and quality, but the little 8" is pretty decent for what it is.

I need to trim a lilttle more from the jack area so I can make it sit flush

Back