Su Tmic Pics

djza2u1

:
08 Black MS3
I just installed the SU TMIC about 2 weeks ago, and it was not actually that bad. The boost tubes (from SU) were pretty easy to put on. I did have to buy a SU recirculating tube becuase the stock one was not long enough any more.
My front tabs broke off and Su was nice enough to send me another and then i sent mine back. Awsome customer service.
Good gains an nice apperance.
After driving for about an hour, it is cold to the touch.

Also while it was off i put on 2 step colder plugs!

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

Sweet, looks good. I'm looking forward to selling my atv and trailer so I can get one. So I'm guessing they fixed the rear tube kink? How does the car run with the 2 step colder plugs in?

Sweet, looks good. I'm looking forward to selling my atv and trailer so I can get one. So I'm guessing they fixed the rear tube kink? How does the car run with the 2 step colder plugs in?

No the tube has a little bend in it but it was still easy to put on. Before the plugs i was seeing some knock, the denso plugs are running great no knock, and no misfire.

Looks like a good part, I would have to look into getting a wider shroud to cover the engine nastiness but otherwise its a good part.

2-step colder? Any reason you went with them rather than 1-step?

2-step colder? Any reason you went with them rather than 1-step?

I had the NGK 1-step colder plugs on it before and still saw some knock in high gear durring acceloraiton. Also i liked how the gap is pre set on the denso, so i thought i would give it a try. I also have plans to add some more power so i though it could not hurt.

It's cool to the touch for a few minutes, after that it turns into an insane heatsink of death!

Yeah only when you turn the car off, because there is no air moving through it any more. Still a good add on. I think that if you touched a FMIC after the car is off it would be hot too. (maybe not as hot but still hot)

please tell me we arent going to get into the whole tmic vs. fmic thing again....

there are more than a few threads on it already...

please tell me we arent going to get into the whole tmic vs. fmic thing again....

there are more than a few threads on it already...

Exactly guys, since we ALL know that the TMIC is better anyway. :D

To the OP:
How was getting on that rear tube? And does it have a kink in it? Yours definitely looks like it fits better than mine did.

My butt dyno read at about 50 more whp, which I think was a little high, mostly due to my butt not being calibrated that day.

We have similar mods :). Im jumping on a mustang dyno on monday. Can't wait to see where im at before tune. Really have no idea what to expect on a mustang dyno (read low if im not mistaken).

I just installed the SU TMIC about 2 weeks ago, and it was not actually that bad. The boost tubes (from SU) were pretty easy to put on. I did have to buy a SU recirculating tube becuase the stock one was not long enough any more.
My front tabs broke off and Su was nice enough to send me another and then i sent mine back. Awsome customer service.
Good gains an nice apperance.
After driving for about an hour, it is cold to the touch.

Also while it was off i put on 2 step colder plugs!

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

Your engine bay looks sweet. Enjoy the TMIC, I know I'm enjoying mine.

Next friday im getting my car dyno'ed so ill drop the numbers here. I dont have a number without the SU TMIC but ill still post them up.

If you want to have fun (if doing more runs then one)...bring a bag of ice and put it on the TMIC. Of course a bag of ICE, plus a big ass fan blowing through it...wooo.

It will be on a -Mustang Dynamometer Model MD-AWD-500 - 2wd/4wd - 1200hp capacity-

What is the differance betweent the two?

Back