STX Build Thread

Sounds like you might have a contender there. I can only hope to spend half of what you have for auto-xing. You are deffiently blazing apath.

nice job Britt!!! Definitely big steps for the msp crew in the auto-x field...hehe I may just see you out on the course one of these days...still debating on my next auto-x build car...

DSC01307.JPG

DSC01308.JPG

New parts for me... TWM short shifter, Indigo pulleys and GT Spec front strut bar... Oh and of course Dave Mac's old 16"x8" Rota Slipstreams...

Got some work to do...

122 Vega said:
DSC01307.JPG

DSC01308.JPG

New parts for me... TWM short shifter, Indigo pulleys and GT Spec front strut bar... Oh and of course Dave Mac's old 16"x8" Rota Slipstreams...

Got some work to do...

Any chance you can weigh that strut bar before you install it. Or at least tell me if it's lighter than stock.

yeah no prob, actually i'm not installing it, i got tired of a bunch of people saying they were going to manufacture stx legal bars, so the end plates are going to the machine shop tomorrow and i am building my own bars, then this one will be for sale.

it's not illegal, but i have something else in mind...

to be continued...

Britt

Man, I wish i had half the knowledge you do on autocross.

really would like to get into it, The MSP is not the best choice for rally.
Have fun, Lets see some vids or pics.

I seen you a few nights ago, at the plaid pantry on 170th&Tv hwy.

almost stopped to say hey, but i was driving around my brothers Celica.

i always see the MSPs in town when im driving someone elses ride(peep)

Rotas

Britt,

What offset are those 16X8 Rotas?

Did you ever figure out what you were going to do for a CAI?

I'll be seeing you next year at Nationals. My MSP will be there too in STX. I almost sold it and bought a RX8 but I felt like I would of been giving up.

They are 48mm. I think Dave had 3mm spacers in them to make them fit.\

Britt

I ran the 3mm on the rears and 5mm up front. After I adjusted the rear camber I did not use the 3mm in the rears. It is better than you guys think.

Dave Mac

Your list of goodies is awesome. The best of luck to you in STX at Nationals next year. There were some seriously fast drivers there. I was 4 seconds out of the lead each day! At least I beat a few cars. :)

I'm done with street tires though. Next season will be on Rcomps.

Van

Forgot to ask what size tires you ran on the Rotas.

It's in my sig 245/45/16. But I am switching to a 245/35/16 when these are gone.

I seen you a few nights ago, at the plaid pantry on 170th&Tv hwy.

That is halfway between my house and my ex's house.

Did you ever figure out what you were going to do for a CAI?

Yeah I did, it isn't pretty though. Im going to make a mold of it and redo it in carbon fiber. I have a new idea as well.

Other new parts to install: Nology wires, Wedge seat brackets, Oddessy PC680MC battery (debating on relocating), water temp gauge and Autometer WB O2 gauge.

Still have to put those dang lugnuts in too. Then sell my AEM WB and steering wheel gauge pod...thinking about cross drilled rotors...some changes to the exhaust...grounding kit.

I sure hope there is an end to the possibilities...

Britt

Installed the GT Spec front bar and it made much more of a difference than I thought it would. I definately have to get my rear swaybar hooked up again, massive wheels spin out of all the corners.

Nology wires in today - no instructions...Cruise brackets are removed due to the GT Spec bar, so I will have to be a bit creative with the coil relocation.

Rotas don't fit with the AWR coilovers...bought some spacers, but the rear are going to rub way too much, so looks like I am going to have to go to an 8" spring as opposed to the 10" springs I have now. That'll move the spring perch up and hopefully give me more room without the spacers.

Went ahead and ordered the 245/35/16s to get a little more room as well.

Tomorrow the TWM shifter goes in, and the Nology wires as well. If I feel a bit energetic, the Pulleys will go in too. I have to make a new mounting bracket for the Oddessy battery, I want to lower it down by the "frame rail" even though it's only @13lbs.

gonna work on a new fuel map for the AFC2, need to richen it up a bit on the top end, so after that, the pulleys, the wires and new plugs and we'll see if we can hit 200/210 at stock boost.

That's tomorrow though, tonight it's back to cleaning the house...yea!

Britt

122 Vega said:
Installed the GT Spec front bar and it made much more of a difference than I thought it would. I definately have to get my rear swaybar hooked up again, massive wheels spin out of all the corners.

Rotas don't fit with the AWR coilovers...bought some spacers, but the rear are going to rub way too much, so looks like I am going to have to go to an 8" spring as opposed to the 10" springs I have now. That'll move the spring perch up and hopefully give me more room without the spacers.

I'm guessing the GT spec strut bar is much better than the stock piece then. I'll probably get one this winter and drill some holes in it. I'll be switching to the 8 inch coils in the rear later today as well Britt. I'm going to play with my rear camber this weekend, but I've got to get the spring perch out of the way if I have any hope of getting my street wheels to not rub.

crap, I knew I forgot something, I forot to weight it. I may take it out again though.

Britt

Back