Stupid snow

:
06 mazda 6
My mazda 6s is not worth a crap in the snow, all the tires do is spin or with the traction control on they don't move at all.(uhm)

leave off the TC, put it in 3rd gear, feather the clutch and throttle and oyu should be fine. im hoping you dont have the stock Michelins on there in the snow, because they are the worse.

I'm sure there are a few factors that cause this. If you're running on bald tires, or summer/performance tires, that's gonna hurt your traction. I made the mistake of driving on the stock RE050As for the first half of winter when I bought my MS6, and that was scary.

If you're going into each light and jumping on the throttle, back off. Light throttle, 2nd gear (if you're driving a manual) will help to get you off the line. Traction control will let you slip a little before cutting throttle, so you should be able to start moving before that happens.

Going back to the first comment, tires make a huge difference. Throw a set of winter tires on the car and watch it devour snow and give you much more assurance on ice.

Not to be rude, but coming in here and making a bias claim like your first post, you won't get much sympathy or advice.

it's not rude, Steve, it's just plain truth. If you buy a car, one of the more wise decisions is to research how your car will handle in the environment that you're in. If you want the car, and the area isn't suited for its stock setup, then change it or don't get the car. Plain and simple.

i can't get my ms6 stuck. i would also suggest the blizzaks. they make a huge difference.

I had blizzaks on my RWD 330i (car before the MS6) and they were the only thing that made the car even remotely driveable in the winter.

I have several winters on Hankook I-Pike tires. They hold up well to abuse and do great in the occasion ice and snow we get.

-Derrick

I have several winters on Hankook I-Pike tires. They hold up well to abuse and do great in the occasion ice and snow we get.

-Derrick

I've heard lots of good reviews on those. I still think I'm going to pick up the LM-22s on closeout at TR for my winter set.

Lm-22s rock!
I have a set of 17s that I roll in winter and my speed is like a tank. I've never even come close to getting stuck

Friend of mine has a set of Hankooks on his WRX, he claims that they are great for winter rallyes. I got the X-ice for my MS6 and its made all the difference from the stock wheels. I can actually turn in the snow now...stopping on the other hand, well that is sketchy at times.

Back