Stupid newbie question

Aloger

:
2003Mazda Protege 5
I need to rotate my tires and I was wondering which tires go where. Are the stock dunlop tires directional tires that means that I can only move the front tires to the back tires or can I do an X pattern. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you

you should use the X cross pattern becuse the stock Dunlop sport 5000's arent directional. I burned the texture off of my fronts and the center rib is now clompletely smooth. Do the x and save your tires.

Get rid of the stock tires, they suck. If they are directional aftermarket tires, front to back. If not directional, the X cross will work.

I used to run a shop, and I was taught to take the backs straight forward, and then cross the fronts to the back on non directional tires. Who knows maybe thats just his opinion.

trbomp5 said:
I used to run a shop, and I was taught to take the backs straight forward, and then cross the fronts to the back on non directional tires. Who knows maybe thats just his opinion.

That is true for non directional tires.

As for directional tires front to rear and rear to front. If you wore out the center of the tire then you are running too much air pressure.

rednecks_r_us said:
If you wore out the center of the tire then you are running too much air pressure.

^^^^yup! And of course, wear out both of the outer edges, not enough pressure.

I would only say that if the outer edge of the tire was worn . The being worn too does not necessarily mean it has been raced around.

Back