Stupid Airlines (Rant)

AlaskaP5

Alright, the time currently is 2 pm here and I am scheduled to leave Sacramento at 8pm. While I am bored at work, I decide to check the status of my flight, and low and behold, the flight is already 3 hours late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(dunno)

That means I do not leave here until 11pm!!!!!!!! And I was scheduled to arrive at 10pm. Complete BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I got an idea, why not think of something out to make this plane leave on-time since there is still 6 hours left to figure something out!!!!

I think the airlines is one of the few industries left that can deliver a late pre-paid product and no-one is held responsible.

I concur. Stupid "de-icing" up here in Alaska normally takes 30min tops. Except when I fly. Back in Dec. plane was already 40min late to begin with, plus it took 1hr and 15 min to de-ice. So I ended up being delayed for 2.5 days.

There's really no excuse, so they blame it on "weather conditions". Prob what they're gonna tell you, too.

Here in Montreal, are airport is absolutely awesome. There is a de-icing ramp which is extremely efficient, they can get the planes de-iced in as litle as 10 mins. Weather causes more havic than one might think in the airline industry

memo79 said:
There's really no excuse, so they blame it on "weather conditions". Prob what they're gonna tell you, too.

Yeah, I can see it now.

"Sorry, the weather was too nice today. 75+ degrees F, sunny, and very light winds. So we already know we are going to leave 3 hours late today" (freak)

I would normally not mind if I was going to be on a 2 week vacation, however, I am only going to be gone for 36 hours. So this is almost 10% of my vacation time.

AlaskaP5 said:
Yeah, I can see it now.

"Sorry, the weather was too nice today. 75+ degrees F, sunny, and very light winds. So we already know we are going to leave 3 hours late today" (freak)

I would normally not mind if I was going to be on a 2 week vacation, however, I am only going to be gone for 36 hours. So this is almost 10% of my vacation time.

lol Yeah, the sun might damage the plane, so they have to UV-proof it. I can almost guarantee that for some stupid reason you're gonna be seated and ready to go, and the captain's gonna come over the com and start, "Well, uh, folks it seems we've got a slight problem, it'll just take a few minutes and we'll be on the way as soon as the ground crew takes care of it." I have yet to board a late flight that didn't get delayed further.

Where are you going?

Its also the only business where they sell more seats than they have available.

Have you ever walked up to the gate at Fenway park ten minutes late and have them say "Sorry we overbooked your game. You can't come see the Redsox play the Yankees today but we have these tickets to the Devil Rays game tomorrow..." The answer is NO. If you pay for a ******* seat, its your seat.

Anyway, there are so many problems with the airline business I don't know why the government hasn't stepped in yet. Its ridiculous. Instead we debate over whether Marie Shiavo should be left on life support.

AlaskaP5 said:
Yeah, I can see it now.

The weather can be nice from your departure airport but bad weather in other airports means the airplane thaat might be taking you to where you want to go is not leaving that airport so you are delayed. They dont fly airplanes between the same 2 city pairs all year round.

chuyler1 said:
Its also the only business where they sell more seats than they have available.

Have you ever walked up to the gate at Fenway park ten minutes late and have them say "Sorry we overbooked your game. You can't come see the Redsox play the Yankees today but we have these tickets to the Devil Rays game tomorrow..." The answer is NO. If you pay for a ******* seat, its your seat.

Anyway, there are so many problems with the airline business I don't know why the government hasn't stepped in yet. Its ridiculous. Instead we debate over whether Marie Shiavo should be left on life support.

the government did step in. remember the government handout after 9/11? thanks bush.

Back