Strut tower bars

GP 2004

:
2015 CX-5 GT AWD liquid silver
A few questions for anyone here that has installed strut bars. I have not found any strut reenforcing bars listed to fit mt 2015 CX-5 GT for sale on the internet.

Do the strut bars listed to fit a 2012 CX-5 fit the 2015 CX-5?
Is there a difference between a 2.0L CX-5 and a 2.5L CX-5 chassis? Some listings say that the bar they're selling fits a 2.0L CX-5.
Does the front lower strut bar interfere with common maintenance tasks, like draining the oil?
Does the rear lower strut bar interfere with a tow hitch?

Thanks

All aftermarket chassis parts for the cx-5 work with any model year. The only limitations are does the item specific fits only this - engine (2.5, 2.0 2.2Diesel), or drivetrain (awd, fwd) specific? You can find chassis bracing from Ultra Racing, Auto EXE and I think just an STB from Tanabe. Check the link in my sig. Ultra Racing bars are about the same as auto exe in price, however autoexe have very high shipping costs, I'm talking $150 or more to ship an STB state side. You can get the UR STB for $138 shipped from various vendors on ebay ULTRARACINGMY and am_motorsport are both aurhtoized UR dealers, I got my 3 bars from them. None of the bars interfere with anything, hitch included (the corksport/racingbeep exhausts also work with the hitch). I have the front stb, lower front, and lower rear (the aft bar). Note that If you have AWD, you can only use one of the rear lower arms, the furthest aft (near the exhaust) "UR-RL2-2136". If you have FWD and want the more forward bar, you have to contact the seller. I wouldn't buy anything more than and STB (well the lower front arm will complete a box around the struts/coils/tower) if you don't drive your vehicle hard. Most of those will only have an affect at high speed cornering, or big weight transfers (power on turns from a stop, powerslide, etc) or a stiffer rear sway bar.

The link also has a chart for autoexe, they offer more types of bracing

$_12.JPG

Back