Stripped the Flarenut changing brakelines

I stripped the flare on the hardline while I was in the process of putting braided lines in. I now know there is a flare nut wrench but doenst help me now.

Does anybody know where I can get a flare nut? I plan on cutting the tubing, new flare nut and redoing the flare.

Any help would be appreciated.

Same place you would get new brake lines or the flaring tool. Any auto store should have them in whatever size you need.

I did the same a while back attempting to install SS line on the front. Wish I would of known about this tool, probably would of made my life way easier. Right now I only have one SS line installed because the other side would not budge.

I was thinking I would let it soak long enough with penetrating fluid to the point where I can just use vice grips to undo it. I figured I could just retighten it with the vice grips as well.

I still can't find anywhere to buy the hardline.

I did the same a while back attempting to install SS line on the front. Wish I would of known about this tool, probably would of made my life way easier. Right now I only have one SS line installed because the other side would not budge.

I was thinking I would let it soak long enough with penetrating fluid to the point where I can just use vice grips to undo it. I figured I could just retighten it with the vice grips as well.

I still can't find anywhere to buy the hardline.

Only place to get pre-bent hardline is the dealership (usually has to be a pretty new and/or common car) unless you have a classic car that the aftermarket supports. Anything in between needs to be bent and flared by the installer. A 25' roll of 3/16 is usually under $25 at parts stores but the nuts run $2+/each everywhere I've looked (not online)

Had to buy a segment of hard line with both flare nuts. The line in half and got the flare nuts off so that I could begin to repair my line. Just a note of caution, remember to put the flare nut on the line before you flare the line. Luckily I was able to get enough slack to not have to splice two lines together.

Then came the bleeding problems. Got them working ok, took it to the shop down the street and had the brakes properly bled. I have to say new pads, rotors and lines, the thing stops amazingly well.

Had to buy a segment of hard line with both flare nuts. The line in half and got the flare nuts off so that I could begin to repair my line. Just a note of caution, remember to put the flare nut on the line before you flare the line. Luckily I was able to get enough slack to not have to splice two lines together.

Then came the bleeding problems. Got them working ok, took it to the shop down the street and had the brakes properly bled. I have to say new pads, rotors and lines, the thing stops amazingly well.

Sorry, yea there are those too. I don't think of them because the last several lines I've repaired I just redid the whole line. My truck I did ALL the lines because I was also converting from a LSPV to conventional F/R split with manual prop-valve.

Back