Strange flat tire type noise

carryonplease

:
03 Protege ES
I just bought an 03 Protege ES, from an out of state dealer. I test drove it twice and all seems good. When I drove it home, eventually there was a strange noise coming from the driver side front wheel. I thought I had a flat tire so I pulled over, but the tire was not flat. I drove about 20 more seconds and the sound went away. I did some errands around town and nothing, thing drives mint. Then it comes back again.

The dealer put 4 brand new tires on the car. I checked the lugs and they are tight. It doesn't seem to be related to braking although they did put brake pads on the front. The sound does not change when I turn the steering wheel so I don't think its a wheel bearing.

I have the car at a shop while I'm at work today but unless they can replicate the problem its gonna be tough to know what the deal is.

again the sound is almost identical to having a flat tire. it happens at any speed, and it goes away within 30 seconds of it starting?

any ideas?

nevermind, mechanic figured it out. the dealer replaced pads and rotors but not calipers, so they were sticking -_-

Back