Stock replacement clutch options

clicknext

:
2006 Tungsten Grey Mazda6 GT I4
I'm getting bad clutch chatter lately so I'm thinking about getting my clutch replaced. Two questions:
1. What options do I have for clutches? I want something easy to drive, and costs hopefully no more than the stock clutch.​
2. How much does it typically cost for labour to replace a clutch?​
Thanks!

The labor's the real ball buster on this one! Have you considered getting a Fidanza flywheel at the same time...spreads the labor out over more than one item.

yea labor sux

if you were closer Id offer to do the work for cheap

as for clutches, most shops are gonna charge you a lot to get the clutch through them, but protege garage has good prices on oem replacement clutches

Just replacing the clutch won't fix the chatter! It is a 'high spot' on the flywheel/pressure plate.

Resurface or replace the flywheel. Go lighter, eh?

Just replacing the clutch won't fix the chatter! It is a 'high spot' on the flywheel/pressure plate.

Resurface or replace the flywheel. Go lighter, eh?
The problem will appear again if I only resurface the flywheel, won't it?

If I get the clutch replaced I will definitely get the flywheel resurfaced too. :)

neox the money i would save having you do it would pay the gas it would take to drive me up there lol

lol, it probably would

but hey, you drive a protege, you get pretty good gas mileage =P
one tank here and one tank back should do it haha

but in all honesty, if anything i might just take a trip up there this summer for you to work on my clutch. but of course that depends on money and i can afford the bloody california gas prices =P

yea, since they are going up too....

I might be moving down to socal at the end of this year though, but we shall see

I dont need to stinkin lift to do this stuff haha

Back