Stock protege intake components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brains

:
2001 Mazda Protege ES
Looking to get rid of my stock intake components-
-what i have is in the picture. It's the fresh air intake or whatever it's called, the snorkel or whatever it's called, the air cleaner box or whatever it's called, and the air intake tube... or whatever it's called. There's also the front emergency brake cable from a mazda 626 (for a 2nd gen v6 model i think) and a vaccume host that goes from the intake to the valve cover.

All parts are in good condition and served around 12 or so years in a stock protege ES. There's a filter in the air box that is sort of newish... i think, but while sitting in storage (on my garage floor) for a few months it acquired some spiders and a few brown marmorated stink bugs decided to winter over in it. One of them died... stupid stink bugs. I tried to remove the stink bugs and spider webs, but there may or may not be a million stink bugs and spiders hiding inside the fresh air intake. Just make sure you clean out the air cleaner box since the stuff in there and on the other side of the filter (which goes into your MAF) can get sucked into your engine. There's also a bunch of cat hair on the filter... i don't know why.

All tabs are in good shape- none cracked and none missing. No cracks in the air intake tube either. There's some sort of foam gasket at the top of the snorkel (i think where it goes into the air cleaner box) that's a little chewed up, but that's the only damage. As far as i can tell, all the little rubber pieces are there too, including the thing that the air temperature sensor plugs in into the air box. However, i am missing all the clamps that came with the stock set up as i'm still using them on my cold air intake, and the little hard plastic connector tube that connects the valve cover vaccume tube to the intake tube.

I'm looking to give it away to anyone who can pick it up in columbus ohio.
I don't want to ship it because i don't have a big enough box, and i'll probably be spreading a bunch of invasive stink bugs wherever i send it. I will only deliver under very specific circumstances: you must be willing to meet me on a nice day somewhere i can go bird watching, live in the Gorge Washington national forest when i go camping, or have a bunch of 7.62x25 ammo or old glass/porcelain insulators to give me... because i want that stuff.

0426141908_zps7348005f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back