Stock IC and WARM weather

JDM Sam said:
Weak acceleration, hesistation, no power throughout the powerband, laggy, etc.

basically driving it feels like a regular protege, with just a lil bit more power. the heatsoak isn't fun.

Believe me i'm getting one this summer...keep trying to save but for some reason the money keeps disappearing...ie tires/springs/etc...

thanks JDM Sam and Fede Italiano for your answers. I basically went with Perrin because I found a good deal from them on the their intercooler and they seemed to have the best service compared to any of the others i tried to contact for the FMIC. They also had the largest core size intercooler. I would have checked with Hiboost if i had known about them earlier. i had tried to check with begi, but they seemed too slow to get back and i tried with mental addition as well and they never conctacted me! lol I also talked with Ion people and they were asking for over 1500 without shipment to me in ohio!! They also said that was the last intercooler for the msp they were going to make as it wasn't worth while their time. I didn't like their attitude.

Perrin claims they have a replacement beam in place of the OEM beam with one of their own which they say is strong. Does anyone know about how good this is, or am i screwed with the safety issue now?? I feel the safety issue is very important point for me so i wish i had joined this forum before i started buying stuff!

Does anyone know about how good the Perrin replacement beams that come with their FMIC is, please?

Fede_italiano said:
If I were you I would buy an High Boost or Begi kit.
Some says that the beam is there for just 5 mph collisions but I believe that without the support the car is more prone to damages due to front collision.

slowmotionmsp said:
thanks JDM Sam and Fede Italiano for your answers. I basically went with Perrin because I found a good deal from them on the their intercooler and they seemed to have the best service compared to any of the others i tried to contact for the FMIC. They also had the largest core size intercooler. I would have checked with Hiboost if i had known about them earlier. i had tried to check with begi, but they seemed too slow to get back and i tried with mental addition as well and they never conctacted me! lol I also talked with Ion people and they were asking for over 1500 without shipment to me in ohio!! They also said that was the last intercooler for the msp they were going to make as it wasn't worth while their time. I didn't like their attitude.

Perrin claims they have a replacement beam in place of the OEM beam with one of their own which they say is strong. Does anyone know about how good this is, or am i screwed with the safety issue now?? I feel the safety issue is very important point for me so i wish i had joined this forum before i started buying stuff!

Does anyone know about how good the Perrin replacement beams that come with their FMIC is, please?

If you go to perrin's website and look at the FMIC it says for Off Road use only. Just be careful. I personally would have gone for the Perrin but the core is wayy to big for me cause of replaceing the support beam. But hey you hey a FMIC with one of the SHORtest routed Piping! BUmp for your question if i didn't answer it.

with a simple water injection kit it doesnt matter what the outside temp is since you chemically intercool the air after the stock IC and its very inexpensive. add in some methenol and a few more psi to the mix and you are laughing. total cost. under $250/ easy to install/uninstall. works with stock everything. if you are stock just ad the water injection and laugh at heatsoak.

Last edited:
FWIW, i plan to go with a perrin front mount, once the funds come around. If my car is even just parked outside here in texas, its heatsoaked by the time the engine is warm. It sucks.

Latest posts

Back