stock bov

sure do, if you don't mind me asking, why do you need a stocker bov? Also, yes, it's off my 07 mazdaspeed3.

well i bought my 07 ms3 used about 7 months ago from a mazda dealership. now when i bought it i was not too familiar with the whole turbo and turbo system. well there was an aftermarket bov on my car and i failed to realize it. i got a check engine the other day and they have to replace the variable valve timing actuator but they wont pay for it unless the car is stock. well i told them i bought the car that way from that dealership. they pretty much said sorry, too bad, so sad. so now i need to get the stock one and the dealership wants $200 for one. i dont want to pay that for something that is just going to be on there for a little bit while they fix my car

that sucks you have to bring it back to stock for them to cover under warranty?! I'd be pissed off at the dealership if i bought a car with an aftermarket part and not be covered? well hope you get that taken cared of

Yeah, I will post a picture of it or email it to you today if you want. Let me know what you want me to do.

oh man, my bad, I just got to work and totally forgot to post the picture of the BOV, I will post it tonight when I get home and get you hooked up ASAP if you are still interested.

that is ****** up, you should report them to mazdausa and give them a bad review on the survey they send out. find a new dealership and kick a dent in every car on the lot if you can.

although that sounds really fun, i dont think it would be in my best interest. i think it is total bulls*** too, but oh well

More reasons to not buy cars from dealerships. With a new car, you have no choice, but with a used one, you do.

here is the pic man, sorry it took this long, it's been a crazy couple of days, and I don't have internet at home right now for a little while, so i had to post this at work. Let me know what you want me to do.

Attachments

• Picture 155.jpg
    Picture 155.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 126
I don't know if you are aware of this or not but there was a TSB (Service Bulletin) on the Variable Valve Timing Actuator. The bulletin number is 01-002/08 and the issue date was 1/16/2008. The by pass valve (BOV) has nothing to do with the valve timing actuator. It's a known issue for older '07 MS3s. Tell them to look up their own Service Bulletin, fix the car and stop giving you crap for no reason. Mazda north America issued the TSB so the car can be fixed and not for dealers to look for reasons not to do the work. It's a warranty issue.

i know they have nothing to do with each other, but the dealership said they wont fix it under warranty until my car is 100% stock and i dont have a stock diverter valve so that is why i need one

Back