Stock Alarm LED on all the time

I just noticed today that my dash alarm LED is on all the time. I think it started today. Also when I use the keyfob to lock the car the the parking lights stay on. (yes i did check the switch and they lights are off).

I installed a stereo a couple of months ago so I dont think that has to do with it.

Any ideas?

Hmmm.... In my experience with alarms when the LED is lit up like you're describing it is in Valet mode. However the parking lights being lit up also is new to me. Although that seems possible that it could just be in Valet mode. If it is in Valet mode, it has to be put into this mode and that would mean that you accidently somehow did it. Most alarms have a valet switch and you hold it down while turning the ign on, etc. If your car has a Valet switch it is usually mounted out of sight, because you could also use this switch to turn off the alarm.

Thanks for the links. I spent some time looking and I couldnt find anything. This morning it acted as it should. I might try to check for cold solders this weekend and see if that fixes the issue.

Latest posts

Back