steering wheel wiring diagram

tafkamb2

Hi guys
I dont know if this is the right place for this but Im sure you can help me. Im looking for a wiring diagram of the steering wheel controls. I like the steering wheel in the MS3 and Id like to put it in my FD3S, but I also want to be able to hook up the controls to work if its possible.
Thanks in advance.

The steering wheel has a clock spring unit that connects the buttons on the steering wheel down the column into the places they go. The audio section has 6 buttons for volume, mode etc. They all go through two wires on the clock spring connected to pins 3 and 4 on the connector. The resistance across these pins varies depending on which button is pushed. You will have to experiment because the wiring diagram does not give values.

The cruise control buttons are the same, connecting to pins 6 and 8 on the clock spring unit.

The horn button goes between pins 7 and 8, and is a simple switch (no reisitors).

The driver's side air bag controls also go through the clock spring, inflator 1 to pins 11 and 12, inflator 2 to pins 9 and 10.

Good luck!

Back