Steering wheel off center

bdev4

Hello,
I own a 2010 Mazda 3 S Hatchback.At around 4k miles,the steering wheel was off center to the left.I rotated the tires at 6k miles,no difference.Brought it to my dealer yesterday with 10k miles.They said the right toe was off a little and there was nothing else they could do to center the steering wheel.
Any suggestions?Thanks in advance.

Alignment

this is what we call needing an alignment.... take it to a tire shop and get a front and rear alignment... mine steering wheel was and still is slightly to the left since i bought it.

thats bulls*** bro. tell em if they cant center a steering wheel on a brand new car give u a new one... most rediculous story ive heard in a while. like i said take it to a tire shop n tell em you want the front aligned to where the steering wheel is straight

I'm bringing the car in again in 2 weeks so they can install a new seat track.I'll give them some more shat about it.

I recently had a similar problem with the wheels misaligned and the steering wheel a bit off center. After 2 unsuccessful attempts to fix it by the dealers, I complained about it not being right with the post-sales manager, I ended up being directed to the head mechanic at the shop. Mysteriously, prior to my third attempt, the machine broke down so I guess it wasnt working that well since last 2 times.

Gave the car to them, they took it to another dealership from the group (a Ford one that uses the same machines as Mazda) and finally got it fixed.

Give them hell! The have to fix it, complain to Mazda North America if you need to... And maybe change dealers, they cant give you that kind of service... at least thats my opinion...

Good luck!

I recently had a similar problem with the wheels misaligned and the steering wheel a bit off center. After 2 unsuccessful attempts to fix it by the dealers, I complained about it not being right with the post-sales manager, I ended up being directed to the head mechanic at the shop. Mysteriously, prior to my third attempt, the machine broke down so I guess it wasnt working that well since last 2 times.

Gave the car to them, they took it to another dealership from the group (a Ford one that uses the same machines as Mazda) and finally got it fixed.

Give them hell! The have to fix it, complain to Mazda North America if you need to... And maybe change dealers, they cant give you that kind of service... at least thats my opinion...

Good luck!

Fail dealers... See if they will align your mazda emblems on the rims to.. make sure they are always aligned when you stop and park the car.. if not, bring it back to the dealer..

they can make the wheel straight. but your car might not go straight.

sounds like you need a better alignment shop.

Good luck!! Keep at it, they HAVE to fix it... If not, refund and get yourself to another dealer or independent shop...

Latest posts

Back