Steering angle sensor reset? Engine off or on?

My light was never "blink blinky." I have not posted any statement that it was. Not sure where this is coming from.

The light stops blinking once you perform the initialization procedure or turn the ignition on and off. Again, what issue you are speaking of? I don't see a "problem." Again: A procedure may be "required" but have few immediately obvious consequences if not performed. I asked the initial question because i wanted to things right, not half-a**ed.

Can you please re-read the excerpt above from the service manual. I'm not sure but I think that's a bit of a more qualified authority than estimating how many people "post" in a forum as your source.

I respect that. I'm assuming a good alignment shop would probably perform this procedure if it's called for. On Mazdas specifically, the data is stored in memory that is cleared easily. That's pretty unique. I doubt customers would immediately notice the issue if the problem wasn't performed.

Is the excerpt from the service manual specifically addressing the need to do this procedure solely based on having disconnecting the battery? Or is the excerpt addressing some other part being replaced and having to do this procedure? You make it seem like whenever your disconnect the battery, you MUST perform this procedure or else you may have problems with traction control, blah blah blah. Why do the TSBs with fixes that require disconnecting the battery NOT include this procedure upon battery re-connection?

Nobody here yet has posted wether they disconnected the battery and what were the consequences of the disconnect, and why they disconnected the battery for. I would like to hear from anybody who has disconnected the battery and what were the results after they re-connected it. I really don't want to give the stealer 105 dollars for labor just to put a battery in when i can do it myself.

Nobody here yet has posted wether they disconnected the battery and what were the consequences of the disconnect, and why they disconnected the battery for. I would like to hear from anybody who has disconnected the battery and what were the results after they re-connected it. I really don't want to give the stealer 105 dollars for labor just to put a battery in when i can do it myself.

I'm with you. I don't want to do that either. I figured at least 10 people on this forum have replace their battery themselves. Come on you battery disconnectors, please chime in.

Seems like you cannot get a straight answer of engine on or off. Very frustrating just to read. I now have the same issue with my 2008 cx-9. I am going to attempt the reset both with engine on and off. The only issue with engine off is no power steering. I will raise front end. I will reply YES or NO

The 2012 workshop manual says:

Steering Angle Sensor Inspection
1. Remove the column cover.
2. Turn the steering wheel to the right and left, and verify that the voltage and pulses at the terminals are as shown in the figure.
* If not as indicated inthe table, replace the combination switch body.

There is no mention of calibration.

Seems like you cannot get a straight answer of engine on or off. Very frustrating just to read. I now have the same issue with my 2008 cx-9. I am going to attempt the reset both with engine on and off. The only issue with engine off is no power steering. I will raise front end. I will reply YES or NO

Attempted reset both ways. No help. Replaced clock spring/combo switch. Problem solved, no reset required after replacing combo switch.

I replaced my factory battery several months ago with an Interstate Megatron Plus, did it myself. Also, when I bought and installed the homelink/autodim mirror I disconnected the battery as well. Had to re-program the radio stations, re-program the seat memory, and I think the rain sensor.

Back