Steel Rim Sizes?

MRTURBO

Everytime I call a tire place they ask what size of steel rims I want for winter. Can anyone tell me what offset they are using for their 17" winter rims?

Thanks,

Mark

I've been having the same problem trying to get wheels for my 3 hatch. In the end I went with 16 black steelies from tirerack.com instead of 17's. The dont look as nice but the highwer sidewall is better for the snow. In the en it was money and practicality over looks. I got them for 41 bucks each by the way and the came next day!

I've been having the same problem trying to get wheels for my 3 hatch. In the end I went with 16 black steelies from tirerack.com instead of 17's. The dont look as nice but the highwer sidewall is better for the snow. In the en it was money and practicality over looks. I got them for 41 bucks each by the way and the came next day!

Unfortunately the speed6 can only use a 17" rim as the smallest size.

didn't realize i was in with you 6's. Still tirerack comes up with a list of wheels that fit your car when you put in the model info... might be a quick n easy place to start

Let me restate as I did in the snow tire thread, Tirerack.com does not have 17" steelies for the MS6. Never did, never will.

I too have 17" steelies. I didn't ask offset... I just told the tire guy "I want steelies and winter tires. See what you can do for me." He figured out the fitment and made sure it cleared the brakes and whatnot. No rubbing or weirdness at all. This is my 2nd winter with them on. Unfortunately I don't have offset information for you. :(

Maybe you could let the professionals do the research for you? Or are you trying to save a few bucks by sourcing it yourself?

I too have 17" steelies. I didn't ask offset... I just told the tire guy "I want steelies and winter tires. See what you can do for me." He figured out the fitment and made sure it cleared the brakes and whatnot. No rubbing or weirdness at all. This is my 2nd winter with them on. Unfortunately I don't have offset information for you. :(

Maybe you could let the professionals do the research for you? Or are you trying to save a few bucks by sourcing it yourself?

I'm trying to source everything myself. All the tire shops around here seem to be sold out of any winter rims and tires that would fit my car. I have tires but I'm still looking for rims.

Back