StealerShit

Hellnightkid

:
Mazdaspeed Familia
I went to dealershipyesterday and tried replace my cracking Oval muffler with the new round tip one. My advicer told me couldnt replace it becuase this is common..he pointed out another msp at the parking lot with the cracked muffler and said" see, i couldnot replace ur a new one "

I got pissed so i called Mazda and asked them for assistant.. the guy told me try it on different mazda dealerships second opinion always can help . (deadhorse
so wt shoud i do now...

cry first, then sell your car like you orignally planned.

You might be out of luck, the car is now almost 3 years old. If you're really serious about it, it may take a lot of looking to find one. Your best bet is to just replace it with an aftermarket catback.

Last edited:
Also i don't think there are any more round ones available, had a friend try to get one last year and was told they couldn't even order it, the oval ones were all that's left. Round ones came on the 03s, the 3.5s like yours had the oval tip.

You may be able to find one here, or like txrxs said, time for an upgrade.

yep. i'm finding mine to do that too...so thats what i'm gonna do. replace it with one from pepboys once i get the money to do so. i love my mazdaspeed muffler, but i dont like the cracking around the oval part.

nonameheroes said:
replace it with one from pepboys once i get the money to do so. i love my mazdaspeed muffler, but i dont like the cracking around the oval part.

Dont replace just the muffler with a crappy pepboys piece, it will be far worse than cracked muffler you have now. Get a quility catback section. Corksport sells them for around $250. BTW i still want that wing if you have it around the 1st of the month.

I just wanna get this straight in my brain, all the 03's (orange, black) came with round tip mufflers - and all 03.5's came with the oval tip ?

do the round ones say mazdaspeed or racingbeat?

I got my 03 (orange) used, by the time I got it - it had the oval tip on it.

were either of them defective, or did they breal/crack easily ? - last n00b question I promise....

lol, to common to fix/warranty. I'm sorry mr speed owner, We cant fix your f'd up radio, grenaded stock engine, sagging ground effects because its just too common...

The round ones they replace it with are not the 03 ones. They replace it with the "Mazdaspeed" axle back exhaust. Definately a bit louder, but not ricey. I like mine. Dealer gave me no s*** about it, take it somewhere else.

txrxs said:
I don't know about you guys but i take the side with the dealer. Like i said, it's now 2 years later. If it happend between the first year i'd understand but be realistic. Yes, it does happen to alot of cars but does your car look as good as new, more than likely no. Wear and tear are a way of life, just replace it.
No, that's a defect, and should be replaced under warranty.

a friend is holding his stock racingbeat for me (oval)
thing is going to be free so i'll put it on
but now i'm concerned about cracking.. where does it usually crack? and can you reinforce it somehow before any problems?

I was thinking of selling my mazdaspeed axel back, but I dont have a digi camera and I dont want to get the "read the rulez" line....

thanks for the info guys.

txrxs said:
I don't know about you guys but i take the side with the dealer. Like i said, it's now 2 years later. If it happend between the first year i'd understand but be realistic. Yes, it does happen to alot of cars but does your car look as good as new, more than likely no. Wear and tear are a way of life, just replace it.
give me a ******* break. any part of the exhaust system on a car designed in the 21st century should last umpteen years, not barely three. were not talking about a clutch or brakes, were talking about something that should be rust proof at the least, let alone not cracking.

Matthew said:
give me a ******* break. any part of the exhaust system on a car designed in the 21st century should last umpteen years, not barely three. were not talking about a clutch or brakes, were talking about something that should be rust proof at the least, let alone not cracking.

I have replaced probably three so far. Everytime it gets harder to get one. We have only denied one, and that was because he had scuff marks on the rear bumper and on the tip (backed into something).
Though I will say that I tried to get two of my wheels warrantied at a Dodge dealership on my ram, they wouldn't do it saying that they all do it. However they replaced my rear bumper (some corrosion) under the corrosion warranty, in which I used as ammo.
If you have no physical damage to the muffler then there should be no problem, talk to the manager, not the advisor.

Back