Starter issue

I've read up on a few of these other "cars not starting" threads, but am unsure of what the issue might be with mine. The car has a good battery, interior electronics on fine, but when turning the ignition I only get a "click" sound. Not sure if it's the starter or some other mechanism causing the sound but the motor is not even attempting to turn over. So from what I've read it could be the terminal connections, starter solenoid, or just a bad starter. Any idea where the starter solenoid is? Is this the switch located in the steering column? And any way to test it without a voltage meter? The car hasn't had any issue firing up before so I'm kind of stunned it just wouldn't turn over last night. Thanks in advance for your help!

get a bar out and beat on the starter. Then try it. I've had this problem on 3 different vehicles. And that's solved the problem temporarily. My guess would be starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is attached to the starter. And if that's the problem, you're better off just replacing the starter/solenoid assembly.

I would check the battery voltage first, you my have a good battery but it may not be charging. If you have a low battery the solenoid with click but there will not be enough voltage to turn the starter. Then as you said check all the terminals on the battery and starter.

Back