Stalling when Clutch is initiated

NKELLYGROSE

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
I bought my Mazdaspeed Protege a couple months back and I've had a reoccurring problem where every time I I use my clutch the car just dies. The car isn't stalling and jolting, the clutch initiates as it properly should, but the battery and oil light come on and the engine stops. The car will continue to roll because the clutch is in, and it will start back up if I release the clutch (pretty much a push start just kicking the engine over). This is a problem when getting off the highway and I need to slow down quickly so I would step on the clutch and use my brake, but the car wil die and when I do come to a stop the car will have to be started again. This problem isn't a huge deal in that circumstance, but if you need to hold the clutch while taking a turn in order to slow yourself and take yourself out of gear, you would have to step on the clutch and the car will die, resulting in the loss of power steering which is Dangerous. The car has a normal idle at a stand still, and this problem doesn't happen when I'm going about under 20 MPH but anything above or so will kill the engine and make me restart. I have a check engine light on for an O2 censor which I have replaced and the light remains on. The check engine light also says some called "distance variable inertia" or something like that. I've taken the car to 3 different mechanics and none of them have an answer for the "DVI" problem, as they've never seen it before. I don't know what's causing this problem, maybe it's the idle air control valve, but I am so unsure as the "internet" has said so many things. So I thought I would come to Mazda, and Mazdaspeed Protege experts for my problem. I really hope you guys can help because it's been a real problem for me, and it stresses me out and I cannot get the full riding experience out of my Protege. The car is awesome, and the turbocharger is a tone of fun, but I shouldn't have to be scared of restarting the car to come to a stop.

Do you think that a hole in the turbo boost pipe would do that? Or a pipe that somewhere connects to the turbo?

It could be from a vacuum line, charge piping, gasket, cracked manifold, etc. If you have the plasic piping still it's probably cracked on the hot pipe at the BPV nipple.

Back