Stalling Open Loop.

jvskater51789

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey my msp has been having this issue recently. When i start the car the fuel starts at normal afr's but start to go super lean to the point where it stalls or comes real close then idles rele high just to repeat itself. This will happen only in open loop. once the car is driven for a few minutes it runs and idles perfectly. what could this be? ne input would be great.

I had that problem, check your primary 02 sensor. How many miles on the car ? Disconnect the sensor and see how the car runs.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

thanx for the input. but wouldnt the 02 sensor affect the idle all the time not just at first start up?

It will run rich and you will get a code. See if the car starts and idles w/o a problem. Snap back the connectors and see what happens. I tried to tune out this with my SS afc but no luck

its running too lean not rich. my afr gauge is off the charts lean and when it tries to stall i lose a bit of vacuum. when its done having a tantrum and warms up its all perfect

When you disconnect the o2 sensor the car runs a little rich. The car will idle fine. Then snap the grey connectors back and see what happens. If the car struggles and goes lean. New o2 sensor. I changed mine, now the car runs great.

nope disconnected them first. should i have?

That is what I did. Start the car, when the car goes lean, then disconnect. See what happens.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back