Staggered Rims

I don't think anyone knows for sure. However, you'll find plenty of people willing to offer their opinion I'm sure. I was wondering the same thing but have yet to see hard proof (Creditable source, publication, etc) on what a safe offset is for the MS3. Most seem to say that anything more than a 48 offset is too much of a deviation from stock. I personally think that idea is a crack of s*** until I see proof. I would say as long as you aren't doing something really extreme like a +30 offset or lower you'll most likely be alright if you roll the fenders. Members will also say things about suspension geometry and how you'll mess it up if you go with an offset lower than 48. Again, I have yet to see any proof of that as well.

Only the hardcore will notice a difference in handling. The average guy who just likes to have some fun more than likely won't. Of course, the further you deviate from stock, the more likely you are to throw off the balance of the car and get yourself in trouble.
The real issue is whether or not the tires/rims will rub, and that obviously depends on additional factors, like the condition of the roads you use every day, how much weight is normally in the car and how that weight is distributed.
The minimum 48 offset generality seems to apply to 8 inch rims.
45 appears to clear fine for 7.5 inch.
(this is positive offset, so the lower the number, the closer the rim is to the fenderwell)
This also depends on how wide a tire you mount. Are you going to put 215 on the front and 235 on the rear for a more exaggerated look?
There are way too many things to be considered to try to give a one size fits all answer. Be the first and report back to the rest of us.

Enjoy!
STAGGERED!
IMAGE_069.jpg

he wont because he will rub like s***:)

I think you should read the whole thread and research the axis Penta with the Maxis lip.

I suggested the axis maxis system to him because it gives you the opportunity to have the staggered look without sacrificing your clearance or handling geometry because the offset is the same front and back even thought the lips are different.

i dont have staggered rims I jsut have 38 mm offset and he have 40 mm offset not a big difference just a lip is big

yeah normal driving they dont rub AT ALL, but I am in Richmond VA this weekend, and was trying out the grip of the new rims with old tires and i bank a hard turn and shaved a bit of the tire off, not too much just a couple of strands, so I want to get the fenders rolled and then drop it like an inch TOPS.

I like it. I was unsure what it was going to look good, but after seeing the pictures, I think it looks great.

yo i think it looks awesome, i have a mazda5 and want to do the same thing for that VIP look, nice job with the wheel selection

hey roca, you from va, email me sometime we go to wacky wed @ langley and richmond drag every other fri

I got family in Chesapeake and VA Beach and my best friend moved to Richmond. I am in Charleston SC right now working on my thesis for my employer so I can graduate finally. I will shoot you an email next time i plan on being in the VA area.

Back