SSAFC USB to serial cable help

blackwolf1778

:
mazdaspeed protege
so.. ive owned my SSAFC for i think 2 months now and yet to find a USB to serial cable that works.. evrey one gives me a runtime error acording to SS its due to a in compatible cable ask for a recommendation for one and from the owners mouth "just keep searching until you find one till it works" so 3 cables now still no go... was wondering what cable evreyone else is using and where did they get it! im close to just getting a unichip or something else cuz this is pretty crazy and un called for thanks in advance people

i just bought one from best buy here in abq nm its only 7" long so i had to buy a male to female 6' usb extension, the two cords costs me 70 bucks FML

Does the cord come with drivers you had to download? Or are the drivers from split second?

I used my buddy's, and I had to go to the manufacture of the cable's website to download the drivers. Windows 7 wouldn't find them automatically, or if it found one, it wouldn't install correctly. So I would check those websites first for drivers.

I just bought a new cord and installed the drivers and it still won't connect to the AFC with the keys in the on position. On windows vista, and the R4 software is installed and running.

are you sure you are trying to connect to the right port when connecting?

The first time i went to my tuner, we had a problem with connecting as well.
come to find out the software didnt like the USB port we were using, connected to a different port and it connected the first try.

good luck man, dont give up.

I bought a new cable for $40 at best buy and it came with drivers. Loaded the drivers up and connected it to my computer and it recognized it. I've loaded a few different maps on it already. I am running windows vista, that may have something to do with why yours won't work.

looks like the first one on the list, but I wouldnt order online, pick it up in the store so if you have any problems you can just return it.

I had the first one, the UBDB9 and it worked great. It's short, but works.

You can definitely find it cheaper on eBay though.

Back