ssafc supermap stock safe to run without a/f gauge?

drewski1990

:
mazdaspeed protege 2003.5
I just installed my psc-1. Haven't uploaded anything on yet. Is it safe to run the superstock map setting without and air/fuel monitor? I have an innovate wideband that I haven't gotten to install it. I did some research awhile back that the superstock is only to clear factory hesitation? If its not tune based on any add ons then I guess Im safe?

Finally got the vacuum hooked up. Now I m trying to connect to the ssafc, i tried putting the car both on" and "start", but doesnt seem to connect with any "com ports". Plz help.

Nvm. I got it to work. On the other hand, I uploaded the Superstock map setting and the fuel map are all 10's with each rpm. Is it correct? Since I don't know how the stock fuel map look like.

Sorry for spamming this thread. I really need some help as I am new to this tuning scene. I uploaded the superstock map and it really cleared up the hesitation. At the same time, I am getting some rough idles at a stop. It would fluctuate from 500rpm to 1000rpm and a vacuum of only 20Hg (was around 25Hg before and idles at 700 rpm). Are these abnormal effects? or is the ECU trying to get used to the new setting? I double checked the vacuum lines and doesn't seem to be leaking. I need it for work tomorrow, any help is appreciated. THANKS!

You just have a vacuum leak somewhere, most likely in the lines for the AFC. And you should be fine on the super stock map without the WB.

Back