SRT4 Swap??

Well id like to see some pics of a 4g63 then cause I've never seen one in a friends turbo eclipse fwd and his other awd. Or the talon that lives in my area that's awd. Put a link up of some info because I've never even heard of this and now I'm curious because everything I've seen or researched says they're all the same
And I said an sr20 could eaily push 600 hp not had 600 hp stock

OP: after all this - maybe i should put an F110-GE-100 from an F-16 in dere.... monsta' powah!

I hate threads like this.

Too stoopid.

How much is too much to spend on a eight year old economy car?

'anything is possible' - but is it feasible? That is the proper question.

Or reasonable. I have yet to figure out why people are wanting to turbo or swap a motor into an old $4000 car. People always say its to be different but obviously its not different when there's a forum about it... its not like its cheap power or anything its way too expensive to make a lot of power for these cars.

Well id like to see some pics of a 4g63 then cause I've never seen one in a friends turbo eclipse fwd and his other awd. Or the talon that lives in my area that's awd. Put a link up of some info because I've never even heard of this and now I'm curious because everything I've seen or researched says they're all the same
And I said an sr20 could eaily push 600 hp not had 600 hp stock

Everything DSM
http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html
evo specs
http://www.supercarsite.net/mitsubishi/lancer-evolution-viii/2003

You said "And sorry but your wrong on the sr20 part they can easily push 600whp " so I took it as stock.

Or reasonable. I have yet to figure out why people are wanting to turbo or swap a motor into an old $4000 car. People always say its to be different but obviously its not different when there's a forum about it... its not like its cheap power or anything its way too expensive to make a lot of power for these cars.

im currently doing a kl swap into my protege and it is not to be different cause there are plenty of people doing it now. it is not for cheap power cause i've been spending a ton of money. for me it is because i can. this is my first actual project with a car and im having a blast even if it is taking longer then i want

the klze aftermarket is slimmer than the fsde. It's not a problem making power in the FSDE after it is built correctly, the problem is putting the power down to the ground. I'm researching now to find a trans that has a similar bell housing bolt pattern and uses the same shifter rods like our car.

FWIW, the klze will have the same trans problems we are having with the FSDE, it is the same tranny in a different case.

the klze aftermarket is slimmer than the fsde. It's not a problem making power in the FSDE after it is built correctly, the problem is putting the power down to the ground. I'm researching now to find a trans that has a similar bell housing bolt pattern and uses the same shifter rods like our car.

FWIW, the klze will have the same trans problems we are having with the FSDE, it is the same tranny in a different case.

Check an Sr20 tranny, its fairly similar, but you have to get one with hydraulic clutch which came in the later 200sx se-r I believe.

Which is why I'm building my car. I like the challenge of taking a car like ours and building it to make decent power. Plus a lot of the guys around me don't believe these cars can be quick with a proper build so I'm proving them all wrong after I return from Iraq. It will be nice to say I walked on their cars with a protege.

I definitely agree, I guess Ill be sticking with my motor. It has over 100k mikes so it will need alot of work.

if you truely want to do this...then do it dont let any 1 tell you that you cant do it. and for the custom ecu. you dont need 1 use the stock ecu and get a prediator programmer.

if you truely want to do this...then do it dont let any 1 tell you that you cant do it. and for the custom ecu. you dont need 1 use the stock ecu and get a prediator programmer.

Im sorry.....did you just say predator programmer?

Wow.....I thought allthe "I wish" threads would have been sorted out now that this car is going on 9 years old.

I guess some people will never learn.

Wow.....I thought allthe "I wish" threads would have been sorted out now that this car is going on 9 years old.

I guess some people will never learn.

Your not gonna piss in my cornflakes! Full evo 9 swap with tranny and diff.....here I come! ;-P

If your gonna b**** about the thread then please don't post on it, no one wants to hear it. Any tips for where I should start with the motor? I haven't had this car for very long, so I'm not too familiar with the fs.

20k on a FS-DE equals still be slow ??? are you serious about this ????? There is quite few Fast Proteges in here with less money invested Walking lots of cars out there. With 20k you can make any car a Rocket..

20k.....hmm buy an f22 accord and have bisimoto build it up for me. instant n/a 9sec car :)

back on topic, get rid of the protege5 and buy an srt4 OR anything other car that comes preboosted....except a mazdaspeed lol. they are still fairly slow for the amount of money being put into them to make them reasonably fast

WOW a fast Honda for cheap...never saw one of those ;)

Noise generated from a fast na honda is the opposite of pleasing to the ears...trust me!

Back